What's new

Neutral as of tonite. Opinions needed for 1st HDdvd viewing experience... (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I´m still quite early in the "neutral" game, but generally I probably still prefer Blu-ray. Still from now on, additional extras and perhaps even 640kbps vs 1.5mbps will play their role when I choose the format.. And like others have noted, PS3 has been pretty much flawless so far in the playback-issues. I also want "non-combo"-releases (one reason why I got e.g. "Children of Men" from Australia (sale going on here: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/promo.zml?p...&dsal=1&dper=1 ).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I've generally been purchasing the HD DVD editions for Warner & Paramount (pre-exclusivity) titles - with Warner, it has tended to get me Dolby Digital Plus or TrueHD versus Dolby Digital, maybe some extra goodies (like the PIP commentary on MI:3) and since I am my family's and friends' video library, the combos are something that can get used.

Plus, I got the HD DVD player first, so it's hooked up in a more straightforward manner. Also, the color of all my WB/Paramount boxes match. :)

(Of course, that same rationale means I get my Magnolia discs on BD, since there was a Landmark/Samsung/Magnolia offer for five free discs earlier in the year)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
With the exception of Superman Returns all of my Warner and pre-exclusive Paramount discs have been HD DVD. I've had occasion to lend combo discs to friends who did not yet have HD players, so they don't bother me nor have I had any playback issues with them.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I have opted for the HD DVD versions. The Warner releases have consistently had the better audio tracks and more features on HD than BD, and there are still many HD DVD 'only' Warner titles. But I tend to think a lot of the decision has to do with what camp you were in before going neutral.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
I don't think you'll be disappointed, Mack. One of my favourite discs on either format.:)

Being dual-format feels so liberating, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks