What's new

Network Nightmare, smart tv, av receiver, bluray etc (1 Viewer)

djpleasure

Auditioning
Real Name
NICK
Hi, hopefully someone may have the answer for this: I have the following: LG Smart TV Toshiba Bluray Pioneer AV Receiver Xbox 360 Western Digital Live Hub All of which have Ethernet for network. I do not want to run 5 separate cables from my router to the AV stand in which they are situated. I purchased multiple cat 6 cables as well as an 8 port gigabit switch, thinking this may help. Tested, all connected but only the TV and the av receiver on, connected to LG 3D demo, connection keeps dropping, connect direct and omit the switch, works fine, thinking that it is due to the av receiver being network enabled at the same time as the TV, even though the receiver should only require access if using internet radio. How do I get around this? to buy wireless dongles for each device is not economical, to run separate Ethernet cables is just cable overkill, any help appreciated

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi, Nick, welcome to HTF! One Ethernet run to the switch, then runs to the devices from the switch should work.

djpleasure

Auditioning
Real Name
NICK
hi, internet on tv keeps cutting out if i do that, like it is switching, no issues with my main internet connection or router, virgin 100mbit superhub

liaisonleigh

Auditioning
Real Name
Leigh
I am thinking maybe your issue is IP address related... perhaps limited on the modem/router end, if I'm wrong ok, happy to explain if I'm right... Having said that, interesting situation though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks