What's new

3D Netflix Streaming upgraded to include 3D (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
TonyD said:
Croods 3D has been added.
Seems that Netflix and Dreamworks' partnership is still solid--
In addition to plugging an "exclusive" half-hour (2D) featurette for Mr. Peabody & Sherman, the 3D version of Turbo is now available, for those who, er......probably missed it in theaters.
(And yes, that's the movie, not the cheesy-looking Nicktoon series, although they put in a promo for that too.)

At this rate, I should probably not bother to rush to the theaters for MP&S3D, it'll probably be up by fall.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Anyone know why Netflix 3D is available on the Sony 5100 but NOT on the higher-end flagship, dual-HDMI 790????

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I've never been successful at getting any 3D content from Netflix to play in 3D. It's always in 2D. I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I have no clue what it is.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
John Maher_289910 said:
I've never been successful at getting any 3D content from Netflix to play in 3D. It's always in 2D. I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I have no clue what it is.
Does it say its in 3D? If yes, and you cannot play in 3D its probably your connection speed is too slow.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Yes, it says it's 3D. Wouldn't having too slow a connection have some sort of indicator? I click on a 3D title, and it plays in 2D. I have Neflix, via my LG TV, LG 3D Blu-ray player, TiVo and Roku. It works on none of those. All are all directly connected. Not WiFi. Maybe it's a FIOS thing? I know it required fast service, but I've never had a single issue with any connections. Even with multiple people connected, we never experience any slow downloads. Normal streaming works beautifully. I tend to think it's something else, but if I need a faster connection, I have no clue how to do that. I have the fastest that FIOS offers.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Does it start to dowload (shows 20%, 30%, etc. loading) but then gives you a message of "retry or play it in 2D" ? I get that sometimes. Other times it just starts playing it in 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'm using a Sony PS3 and I first get the prompt "Do you want to play this title in 3D?". Select YES and then "3d signal has been detected" from the Sony KDL55NX810 TV.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
RolandL said:
Does it start to dowload (shows 20%, 30%, etc. loading) but then gives you a message of "retry or play it in 2D" ? I get that sometimes. Other times it just starts playing it in 3D.
Retry, darnit! (Just means your connection isn't quick enough, but you'll still be able to get it in bits and pieces while it reloads. If you give it long enough to reload.)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
John Maher_289910 said:
Yes, it says it's 3D. Wouldn't having too slow a connection have some sort of indicator? I click on a 3D title, and it plays in 2D. I have Neflix, via my LG TV, LG 3D Blu-ray player, TiVo and Roku. It works on none of those. All are all directly connected. Not WiFi. Maybe it's a FIOS thing? I know it required fast service, but I've never had a single issue with any connections. Even with multiple people connected, we never experience any slow downloads. Normal streaming works beautifully. I tend to think it's something else, but if I need a faster connection, I have no clue how to do that. I have the fastest that FIOS offers.
Go to Speed Test.com to check your speed. Good luck!!!

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
RolandL said:
No. There's never any download issue or question or anything. It just starts playing in 2D.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
My stuff still doesn't support 3D, but I've heard the new Netflix software also breaks into the end credits to promote crap- if that's the case I guess I can live without it.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Everett Stallings said:
Go to Speed Test.com to check your speed. Good luck!!!
It registered 31.78 mbps - the Netflix page says I need minimum of 6mbps and best at 12 mbps. No clue why I can't do this.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
When I was first getting my 3D setup going, I ended up having an HDMI cable in the mix that wasn't up to spec for 3D - is it possible that could be the case?I just got error messages until I replaced it and then it finally all worked.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Well, all my 3D Blu-rays look incredible. I'm just giving up on the streaming. It's not like there's a lot I want to see, anyway.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ejanss said:
Seems that Netflix and Dreamworks' partnership is still solid--
In addition to plugging an "exclusive" half-hour (2D) featurette for Mr. Peabody & Sherman, the 3D version of Turbo is now available, for those who, er......probably missed it in theaters.
(And yes, that's the movie, not the cheesy-looking Nicktoon series, although they put in a promo for that too.)

At this rate, I should probably not bother to rush to the theaters for MP&S3D, it'll probably be up by fall.
Croods and Turbo still on Netflix but not in 3D

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Just checked and only 19 3D titles (The Hole, Turtle's Tale, etc.) listed under their 3D grouping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks