What's new

Netflix restricts streaming to one device per account (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The title of the article appears to be incorrect. At the very end the actual limitation is explained, and it's just that they are now enforcing the 1 stream per disc portion of the contract. I'd test it, but I cancelled my streaming yesterday (the last day before my new contract would kick in). But I don't remember seeing any problem over the weekend (I'mon the 3-disk plan). (Edit) From the article: With Netflix imposing a 60% rate hike on the combined streaming and physical disc membership options, subscribers seeking multiple streaming access in the home now will have to pay accordingly. Two discs out at a time ($19.98 a month) will afford you streams on two devices, while the three-disc plan ($23.98) allows three streams, and four discs four streams from four devices at $29.98 a month.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I don't get it. If you have the stream and disc option, they only allow you to stream as many as discs you have out? I have stream only plan and seem to still do multiple streams. I stated in the other thread that if it did come down to only being able to have 1 stream at a time, I would drop the stream option also. Here's hoping that does not happen.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
This is weird I thought this was discounted at one point.

Ok, I just started it on 4 devices no problems. I only have a 1 disk plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks