What's new

Netflix, blockbuster or what? (1 Viewer)

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, not sure if this is the right place for this. Anyway, I want to get one of these services and I did some searching to see if they had some films I'm looking for. Unfortunately neither had some of the films I would want to rent. The movies I'm looking for a foreign in and Indie and it seems neither of the two choices have a a awesome selection. Is there another alternative I should look at to find harder to locate foreign titles? They both have everything I want for mainstream and US films, but I have a weird obsession with eastern Europe and neither seem to have the films I'd really like to see.

Thanks

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
If you're looking for more off-beat and foreign films try Greencine.com.

I've been a member for about 3 years and have pretty good luck. They stock most Criterions as well as many rare and classic films that are not carried by the other major companies.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
What are you looking for? Netflix has pretty much everything that is in print, and if they don't have it, you can email them and they will most likely get it.

The have an excellent foreign and indie selection.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm been a happy Netflix customer for years, but I recently gave Blockbuster a three-month try. I cancelled it. Most of my queue selections were in a permanent "wait" status, and it took about twice as long to receive my movies than Netflix.

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replys. After reading some response I thought to myself, wait, maybe the one title in particular I was searching for isn't out on DVD yet! Its Hîrtia va fi albastrã or The Paper Will be Blue. And sure enough, I don't think its on DVD yet. So I think I'll go with netflix, and if I cant find stuff there try out the greencine as well.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks