1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need your Recommendations: HTIB Under $1500 to go with 70" 3D LED TV

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by deepakvg, Feb 17, 2014.

1. deepakvg

deepakvg Member

Deepak
    Hello,
    I am new to the AVS forum. I wanted to get some of your thoughts/recommendations for my Home Theater. I have a 70" Sony 3D LED TV that is wall mounted above my fireplace in my Family Room. The room is about 13x18.
    I watch a lot of movies, listen to a lot of music and play Xbox 360. If I had to give a % breakdown, it will be as follows:
    -Movies: 25%
    -Music (Audio & Video via Youtube): 25%
    -Games: 25%
    -TV (Sports, Shows, etc.): 25%
    The TV is on the longer side of the wall; meaning, the room is 13x18 and the TV is on one of the 18 wall sides. I don't think I need more than a 5.1 System but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    To make my life easier with purchase and warranty, I'd like to go with a HTIB System but if I'll get more 'bang' for my buck by buying individual components, I am OK with that as well.
    One of the options I saw at my local Costco was the Bose Acoustimass 6 Home Theater System Bundle with Yamaha Receiver. I am not sure if this is even worth considering but the price point seemed attractive enough to consider it.
    Please let me know what your thoughts are. My budget is about $1500. I really don't have room for floor standing front speakers, unfortunately.
    Again, I'd like to see if I can get a great HTIB System but open to buying individual components as well.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. RolandL

RolandL Well-Known Member

Roland Lataille
    "No highs, no lows, must be a Bose"

Please stay away from Bose.

Others will have recommendations of a receiver and speakers to buy.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Well-Known Member

John
    You can definitely get something better than a HTiB. There's a million options. The Polk Monitor series is a great deal. 40s and CS1 for front and 30s for surround. BIC F-12 sub and a $500 receiver (plenty to choose from) and you're still under budget. That is my small, bedroom system. Polk has a new line of Monitor speakers too. newegg.com has the Polks, Amazon the sub and all sorts of places the receivers.

...but like I said, that is just on option among many that are better than HTiB.

EDIT: the new models are 35b and 45b.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    With a $1,500 budget, DO NOT even consider a HTIB. Whether you should use a 5.1 or 7.1 system depends on where you will sit. You need at least 4 feet behind your seat for a 7.1 system. Do you want to use wall mounted bookshelf speakers?

5. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Where your rears are going go determines a lot here.Placing them on tables?Wall mount? Floor stands(which begs...why not towers?)Def Tech 600/800...maybe even a pair of 1000(5 1000 are over budget).

6. Audio14

Audio14 Well-Known Member

Daniel
    Concurred with schan1269. Forget HTIB and Bose. Look into the Def Tech pro 1000s along with either a Yamaha A730/VSX60. Then build on as you go.

7. deepakvg

deepakvg Member

Deepak
    Thanks everyone for your reply! It looks like HTIB is not a good option. I'll look at the receivers and speakers you have listed.

Thanks again!