1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need WS vs. P&S comparsion link/info please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by florence franks, Dec 1, 2002.

1. florence franks

florence franks Well-Known Member

Hi, finally got my mom on dvd bandwagon. I could not stand see her VHS collect grow anymore! hehe
    What I am looking for is link to that star wars thread that showed how much was hacked out of P&S or something like that, so I have visual for her why she complains about these "black bars" she going to see on dvds I am getting her. Grr, wish me luck, one down(still buying VHS, yic) and one more to go( Teaching proper aspect ratio to parent)

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Well-Known Member

3. florence franks

florence franks Well-Known Member

wow thats good site, thanks

4. SteveK

SteveK Well-Known Member

Florence- I think that John's widescreen.org site is probably the best source of examples and commentary pertaining to widescreen. His site was the first site I researched when I was just getting into DVDs 3 years ago, and I continue to refer to it on a regular basis even today, and direct others there as well. Seeing actual illustrations of just how much is lost in the P&S process is a real eye-opener. There are other more technical sites available, but I think the widescreen.org site is an excellent starting point.

Good luck convincing your mother about the need for widescreen.

Steve K.

5. Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet Well-Known Member

6. AnthonyMP

AnthonyMP Active Member