What's new

Need the PERFECT audio/video rack at a REASONABLE price..... (1 Viewer)

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I have the Vantage Point rack also, although my rack has black posts and black shelves. Very sturdy and great looking! Vantage Point makes the same basic rack under three different model lines. The line I have is the Contour, and can be ordered in a variety of finishes and colors. I bought it from AudioMax for $379 delivered. The 9" clearance between shelves and 18" depth was perfect for my Pioneer Elite receiver and jukebox.
Good Luck!
Pete

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
That picture was actually scary! (have you exceeded the weight/load limit?)
Ok, I felt that with 10 items, 2 racks that matched would look great. You could even bolt them together for added strength. You could get almost anything for that amount.
I decided that I didn't want anymore pressboard, so I got mine in wood, but they are modular. Link Removed
You can just keep on stacking them up. (How high is your ceiling?) They are built very well, and at about a hundred bucks a piece, you could add on whenever you needed more.
You just have to nail the backpiece on. I got the drawers and the wheels, which made it more expensive, but you don't have to go that route.
Glenn

Sean-D

Agent
Ron, looking at that picture gave me a flashback to about a year ago when I had to make the same decision. I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to find just the right a/v rack just big enough to hold my components and nothing to expensive. I agree with Allen and Brett in recommending a wall unit or dual mitsubishi a/v piers that match your television. It probably doesn't seem like it's all that important what you pick, but nothing could be further from the truth. It gives you so many side benefits that you probably haven't thought about. Like:
* Logically spaced components (gives the look of a clean professional installation) shows off your system in its best possible light
* You avoid the dreaded "Spaghetti Syndrome" (the appearance that all audio,video,digital,phone and power wiring are going to and coming from the same place)
* If there is audio signal distortion,video signal distortion,ground loops,etc. it will be easier to find the problem and fix it if you have your components spaced out and separated.(your components power cables on or near audio or video cables can cause frustrating problems.
* The single biggest advantage that I found is that it gives your components room to breathe. Your receiver/power amp will thank you. (heat absolutely kills electronics)
I have 10 components and I can tell you that it added as much to my overall home theater as any one of them.
At least take a look at the wall units at circuit city or other electronics stores in the "joisey" area before you decide. Some are priced very reasonable between 300 and 800 dollars. Remember anything solid wood is going to be very expensive. Also check your local furniture stores, you would be surprised at the kinds of deals you can get.(you can sometimes haggle on the price)
So come on Ronald, break out that platinum card and go get yourself one. You won't regret it.
Just my $.02
------------------
Sean-D.
"If at first you don't succeed...,remove all evidence that you ever tried."

Calvin Liew

Auditioning
I have been looking around for some racks too and have been impressed by the Vantage Point stuff. Their website is http://www.vantagepointcorp.com . You could get either the Solus or Altus line 4 shelf audio racks (they have 9 inches of space between each shelf...good for doubling) and then buy 2 extra shelf kits that will give you 6 shelves of 9 inch spacing! I believe all that would be under the $400 range you are looking at (The site has list pricing... proably cheaper when buying it from dealer).
Calvin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks