What's new

Need some suggestions for splitting video/audio (1 Viewer)

sdbyrd

Auditioning
Real Name
stephen
I've been scratching my head for the last day and hoping someone can help me out with ideas...

Basically what I'm trying to do is have 3 devices (DVD, DVR, Media Player) share audio/video to multiple rooms. I need the rooms zoned off so if I'm watching a movie in one room, it doesn't send audio to the speakers in the other rooms. Likewise, I would like to be able to watch a DVD in Room1 and DVR in Room2. I believe this can be accomplished with a 4x4 HDMI switcher, Speaker Selector (for zones) and an HDMI compatible receiver. I've included a basic visual of what I have so far, but I'm still confused about how to really make this work effectively. Ideally I could use the receiver to watch a different device in TWO rooms at a time. Maybe what I'm trying to do requires a lot more equipment, but please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bedrooms use a basic stereo receive in each room connected to the TV to power the speakers. If you don't want to use a receiver, use computer speakers.

The bonus room uses the 5.1 receiver to power the speakers. If you are going to use zone 2 for the bedrooms, then connect the analog outputs of the source equipment to different analog inputs of the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks