1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help with a home theater/game room setup

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by sr20ve-t, Nov 28, 2010.

1. sr20ve-t

sr20ve-t New Member

Hey guys,
    I have a room that is approximately 10feet by 20feet and 8feet high. I want to setup a home theater/game room in there.

So far, for the equipment i'm thinking about getting the Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350, blu-ray player and an xbox 360.
    I have not decided on a sound system as yet since i am not sure about what receiver i should use. What do you guys think is a good setup ?

I was also thinking about the acoustics. I know a 1:2 ratio is not very good for that. I was thinking that i should shorten to room a bit. Can you guys help me out and maybe give me some advice ?

Thanks!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    From a video aspect, I would not shorten the room. If you do, it will be hard to get 2 rows of seats(if you want that).

As far as audio, I never heard that a 2:1 ratio is bad. Someone else here should know.

3. sr20ve-t

sr20ve-t New Member

Thanks Jim Mcc.. I was also thinking to shorten the room by about 3 feet to accommodate the receiver and blu-ray player etc in another small room in front or the back of the room.

I was thinking about going with an onkyo receiver with klipsch surround sound speakers. I have not decided on the sub-woofer as yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR608-7-2-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BIFOL8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291101692&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR708-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B003N197CU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291101692&sr=1-2

I was thinking about getting either of those receivers. Are those receivers good options? or can i get a better receiver in that price range. I want good surround sound speakers since i do not want to have the reason to upgrade anytime soon. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't mind criticism at all.