What's new

Need some help with a home theater/game room setup (1 Viewer)

sr20ve-t

Auditioning
Real Name
Ismail Hosein
Hey guys,
I have a room that is approximately 10feet by 20feet and 8feet high. I want to setup a home theater/game room in there.

So far, for the equipment i'm thinking about getting the Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350, blu-ray player and an xbox 360.
I have not decided on a sound system as yet since i am not sure about what receiver i should use. What do you guys think is a good setup ?

I was also thinking about the acoustics. I know a 1:2 ratio is not very good for that. I was thinking that i should shorten to room a bit. Can you guys help me out and maybe give me some advice ?

Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
From a video aspect, I would not shorten the room. If you do, it will be hard to get 2 rows of seats(if you want that).

As far as audio, I never heard that a 2:1 ratio is bad. Someone else here should know.

sr20ve-t

Auditioning
Real Name
Ismail Hosein
Thanks Jim Mcc.. I was also thinking to shorten the room by about 3 feet to accommodate the receiver and blu-ray player etc in another small room in front or the back of the room.

I was thinking about going with an onkyo receiver with klipsch surround sound speakers. I have not decided on the sub-woofer as yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR608-7-2-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BIFOL8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291101692&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR708-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B003N197CU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291101692&sr=1-2

I was thinking about getting either of those receivers. Are those receivers good options? or can i get a better receiver in that price range. I want good surround sound speakers since i do not want to have the reason to upgrade anytime soon. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't mind criticism at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks