What's new

Need some Front Porjector recommendations... <$3K (1 Viewer)

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Heyyy, I'm looking to buy my first 1080p Projector for our dedicated HT room (20'x13') this coming Dec. I need to keep the cost for the FP down under $3K... really hoping for some sweet deals to hit around that time. Anyway, can some FP seasoned folks chime in and let me know which models I should consider? This would be for 45% movies and 55% HD/Cable on a fixed screen (still need to decide on that part, too.)

Thx!

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
panny 2000U, Sanyo Z2000, Epson Home 1080UB, Mitsubishi 5500, and maybe the Sony VW40. These are a few nice ones that offer excellent pq for the price. After that youre upwards of your budget.

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I can only say that I am extremely pleased with the Epson PRO 1080UB(performance wise the same as the HOME) in my dedicated theater room and a 110" screen. Projectorreviews.com is a good place to start researching.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You need to decide between LCD or DLP. All the projectors recommended so far are LCD, by the way. Do you need the lens shift or long zoom lens of the LCD projectors? A lot will change by the time you're ready to buy anyway. New models will be out and prices continue to drop. I would wait until November to start looking seriously.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
You might want check out the Panasonic PT-AE2000U. It is a very highly rated projector (1080P) and very well reviewed and is available for $2600 shipped from B&H Audio Video.

I myself just bought one of these but have not yet had a chance to use it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Hopefully I shall have a screen soon and I can finally experience 1080P with the size afforded only by front projection.

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Heyyy, hope someone is still interested in this thread... I'm now leaning towards the Panny PT-AE3000U- any comments? Should I consider anything else?

Also, I've got to pick out a mount kit and I'm not sure where to begin. Do I need an arm, a flush mount, or what exactly? I know people rave about Chief mounts but they seem to be somewhat expensive (was hoping to keep it under ~$100 or so.) Any suggestions??

Thanks,
-philippe

Kirby

Auditioning
After reading this post I took the plunge and bought the Panasonic AU-3000 as I was also looking for something under $3,000 and I don't have any complaints at all. I honestly couldn't say enough great things about this projector. Outstanding. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread