What's new

Need recommendation for new Denon (1 Viewer)

BrianK

Auditioning
A lightning strike has killed my venerable old Denon 3300 receiver. I am going to have to replace it this weekend. I'm not sure how the insurance will replace it, but I was wondering what current Denon receiver would be comparable to the 3300. I know that in the past 4 years they have gotten a lot better, but as far as power and features which ones will compare? I think I paid a little over $1000 for it when I bought it, but I expect I can pay a little less now for a comparable unit.

I need it to have the same power specs, and it would be nice if it had HD capable component video switching. Sorry that I haven't kept up with the latest stuff, I was too busy enjoying what I had!! I loved my 3300. By the way, I have Klipsch Reference series speakers all around and I love the way the Denon matched up with them.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

BrianK

Auditioning
A lightning strike has killed my venerable old Denon 3300 receiver. I am going to have to replace it this weekend. I'm not sure how the insurance will replace it, but I was wondering what current Denon receiver would be comparable to the 3300. I know that in the past 4 years they have gotten a lot better, but as far as power and features which ones will compare? I think I paid a little over $1000 for it when I bought it, but I expect I can pay a little less now for a comparable unit.

I need it to have the same power specs, and it would be nice if it had HD capable component video switching. Sorry that I haven't kept up with the latest stuff, I was too busy enjoying what I had!! I loved my 3300. By the way, I have Klipsch Reference series speakers all around and I love the way the Denon matched up with them.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
2805 and 3805 should be high on your list. You could probably find a 3803 for less than the 3805 if that fits your budget better. If it were me I would shell out the money for the 3805. Check some reviews on it, lots of good press.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
2805 and 3805 should be high on your list. You could probably find a 3803 for less than the 3805 if that fits your budget better. If it were me I would shell out the money for the 3805. Check some reviews on it, lots of good press.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks