What's new

Need Receiver Less than 10" Deep (1 Viewer)

Jphelps

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
A friend has asked me to research an AV receiver for her new home. She has all the speakers installed in walls and ceilings and has all the wires running to the inside of a cabinet. However, the cabinet is only 10" deep. Are there any receivers that can for in this cabinet? Thanks!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jphelps said:
A friend has asked me to research an AV receiver for her new home. She has all the speakers installed in walls and ceilings and has all the wires running to the inside of a cabinet. However, the cabinet is only 10" deep. Are there any receivers that can for in this cabinet? Thanks!
How about something like this, nice and thin but good sound quality, don't pay too much attention to the watts output, this receiver will be powerful enough to deliver very high quality sound and it runs cool which is i think is important if being placed in a cabinet.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/marantz-nr1504-nr1604-pre

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
I assume by "deep", they mean front to back...and not height?

Hopefully I'm wrong as I know of no 10" deep AVR.
My mistake, still the one i linked to would suit if its within the budget they had in mind.

Glen B2

Agent
Real Name
Glen
Jphelps said:
Allowing approximately 2½ inches for rear panel cables, that leaves 7½ inches of space for the AVR. There are no AVRs that small. The only component that may fit in such a small space is something along the lines of a Yamaha stereo mini-receiver with sub output: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-systems/crx-332_b/?mode=model

PaulGo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
On the spec page it states - Dimensions (W x H x D) 7-1/8" × 4-5/8" × 12-1/2" so the mini appears to be too deep.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
PaulGo said:
On the spec page it states - Dimensions (W x H x D) 7-1/8" × 4-5/8" × 12-1/2" so the mini appears to be too deep.
I think that would then rule out any of them, perhaps a new cabinet is needed instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks