What's new

Need Receiver for my Klipsch speakers (1 Viewer)

scruggs555

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hey I need a little help on finding the right receiver. I own a pair of Klipsch RF35's (with 125 watt/rms). I plan on adding some additional speakers in the future when my budget can handle it, I want to add center channel, surround speakers, and a sub. Ive been looking at receivers aiming for something with at least 100 watts per channel while still having enough component space to add additional speakers. I would like to have a nice receiver but don't want to go broke in the process. Id say I will spend around $600. The receiver needs to have the whole dolby type package along with some of the extra goodies; have a low distortion rate, have some decent dynamic headroom, and just be an all around decent/nice receiver. I do not have an HDtv (yet) so thats not so much of a big deal. Can anyone give me some suggestions or offer any help? Thanks.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Speakers push air, not watts. :P

Wasn't that helpful?

It is against forum rules to post the same thing multiple times, and you have posted this question in three sections. Can you imagine what a complete mess this place would be if everyone posted everything three times?

Welcome to HTF. You will get a lot of help, but read the rules.

scruggs555

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
sorry, this is the first forum Ive ever been on, I was not aware of that rule. So how do I delete a thread or post?

logan8246

Agent
Real Name
Richard
I have a set of klipsch speakers for my home theatre and I am using the Denon 2807. I have been happy with it. Its a little more than what you were thinking of spending but you should be able to pick one up for a little less than 800 new.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Now that we are on track, Klipsch speakers are historically very sensitive, meaning they don't need much power. So, you should be pretty safe with almost any receiver. Denon was mentioned, and the 1807 or even a lower model are more in your price range. The Onkyo 605 is the most flexible right now, and offers the most inputs and sound formats. There is no single answer.

also to explain a bit more, the watt ratings on receivers and amps are vague at best, but the watt handling ratings on speakers are completely meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks