What's new

Need New Gaming System Help... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this topic...

Basically, I am about ready to purchase a next-gen system, and am leaning towards an XBox 360...the Wii isn't my thing, and the PS3 is too expensive, but I might get one in a year or two, but the XBox has some really impressive games so far, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Halo 3...anyway, I had questions about the component connection for this system...I currently have a 46" Toshiba Widescreen HD TV, and a PS2 hooked up to it via component cables to get the progressive scan graphics...I also have the optical cable for the PS2 connected to my receiver....

I am not ready to unhook my PS2 component and optical audio connections, and was wondering if they sell a splitter for the optical and component connections so I could have the XBox 360 and the PS2 hooked up together, or if I am stuck deciding one over the other...

obviously, I would want the XBox hooked up since it has the HD graphics, but do you need a separate optical cable for the XBox or does it come with one?....Long story short, does anyone have any advice or ways of getting both systems hooked up to get the best video and sound?...My receiver already has one of the two optical ports for my DVD player, and the other is for my PS2....Thanks again!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks