What's new

Need help with Yamaha RX-v367 receiver (1 Viewer)

mcross01

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Cross
Hi all, just joined in this forum, seems great so far.. lots of great information as I've seen thus far.
But, let me begin my introduction newbie status with a question i hope all of you will be able to answer.
So let's dive in?......
Just purchased a Yamaha RX-V367 receiver and it has HDMI capability. I have a 32" LG HDTV that is connected to the receiver via HDMI, also i ran my Xbox360 to the receiver as well via HDMI.
The problem that i am having is, when i have the Xbox360 connected through the receiver, my video quality is insanely lower than going direct into the HDTV, why is this? Is it better to connect video direct into the TV, and then having audio only to receiver?

I'd love to know because then why is it necessary to have HDMI on a receiver, when the receiver can't even support the display to its correct resolution?

Thanks all, and i appreciate the feedback! Looking forward to hearing from all of you.
~Cheers!~

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Odd, HDMI for video should be strictly pass-through with no change in quality.

Are you ONLY running an HDMI cable from the X-Box to the receiver?

tradewind6050

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Davidson
I just got the Yamaha receiver and connected my xbox 360 to it and I'm not getting any video pass through. The cable is good and the xbox output is perfectly fine. Still looking for any answers...anyone's help would be great

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
What type of connections are you using from the game to the receiver and the receiver to the pisplay?

If you are using a component cable from the xbox to the receiver then you have to use a component cable from the receiver to the display.

Also, if using component cable you have to associate the Component AV Input #1 to the Audio Input #1. There are various downloads available from Yamaha for the 367. See "HDMI and Component Cable Hookup For Gaming Systems".

tradewind6050

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Davidson
Nope, using hdmi from the console to the receiver and hdmi to the tv. Like i said, i'm just not getting any pass-through. :-(

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Silly question , but have you tried connecting the xboxes HDMI out straight to the display? That would tell you if you're getting a signal out from the xbox or not.

tradewind6050

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Davidson
Yes to all of that. I currently have the HDMI going from the console to the TV to get video. I've tried everything...just not getting any pass through. I get audio from the xbox when I have it connected through the receiver...just not video.

tradewind6050

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Davidson
I GOT IT!!! I figured out how to get the pass-through! Its on the Xbox! In the system settings, you need to turn off "Display Detection" Apparently the Xbox is trying to get the TV's information but it can't find it through the receiver. If you turn off display detection and then manually set all the video and color settings for the xbox. The video should then pass through.

Squeeziebub

Auditioning
Real Name
Joey
Hello. I have been having the same issue. I have a year old Yamaha RX-V565 receiver and a brand new Vizio 55" TV. My PS3 & Cable TV are connected via HDMI and they work fine. I have 2 XBOX 360's that I tried connecting & neither will give me video. I get audio but no video. All inputs on the receiver, & obviously the new TV, are good and I use all Monster HDMI cables. You mentioned to disable "Display Detection" on the XBOX. I have a "Display Discovery" setting but no "Display Detection". In any case I disabled it and then manually set the XBOX to 1080P and rebooted but still nothing. Can you please tell me if this "Display Discovery" is what you meant which I'm guessing it is & what other settings did you change? I really REALLY appreciate your assistance because this is driving me absolutely BANANAS, pal! Thanks so much & PLEASE feel free to email me back because I really don't want to have to return this TV because we really love it & please if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Take care & God bless. P.S. The Vizio TV model is the new 55" 3D model#: M3D55OSR & the XBOX 360 is the newer slim 250 GB model.

tradewind6050

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Davidson
not sure about your model. its not the same one as mine. But in regards to the XBox, you want to turn off anything that the xbox would try to automatically change its video settings. Display detection or display discovery. Once you do that, you HAVE to set the video and color settings to what the TV would be expecting...to the best of my knowledge your TV should have the 1080p, which you said you change it to. Also make sure you have the color settings set to the best ones available. Other than that and checking to see if your receiver has the latest firmware, I really don't know. The only other option...and I know you don't want to do it is to patch the XBox right into the TV and around the receiver. Good luck!

tjfaivre

Auditioning
Real Name
terry
i have the same receiver and my xbox and ps3 run perfectly fine on it. Try a different hdmi cable??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks