1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with Sony receeiver setting

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by robert88, Jul 19, 2012.

1. robert88

robert88 Member

My receiver has a separate HDMI SW level and i am not sure what to do. You can put it at auto, 0 or +10db. Which setting should i use?

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Depends on what you hook up to each HDMI. I assume this "setting" is also for EACH HDMI...not a "blanket for all" HDMI setting.
    Most BD players are set up for -10db from the factory to take into consideration you "will probably send" all the other 5.0 sound to the .1 under 80hz...so all those "other" 5.0 under 80hz will each add 2db...
    2db x 5.0 = 10db...hence why BD players come -10db.

3. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    That setting is probably to compensate for the low suwoofer output of the Multi-Ch inputs when using DVD-A and SACD. I'd leave it set to 0. Use the adjustment in the speaker setup menu to calibrate the subwoofer volume to the other speakers. Some receivers/pre-pro's have a -10 setting to lower the subwoofer output when using a two ch analog connection.
    But it wouldn't harm anything to set it to +10 if it sounds better for some reason.