What's new

Need help with setting up crossover frequency for my yamaha NS-AP2600 5.1 speakers (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Kenneth Kraly Jr.
I need some help with setting up crossover frequency for my yamaha speakers 5.1. I have a Onkyo TXSR-308 Home theater receiver and Yamaha 5.1 Speakers model number NS-AP2600. What is the correct cross over frequency I set the onkyo to for the speakers? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You don't mention having a sub. If you don't have a sub then set the mains to 'large', which in effect means there's no crossover. If you do have a sub, then set the mains to small, and set the crossover at 100hz (since the 2600's have a frequency response starting at 90hz, and there's a slope involved in the crossover setting). It couldn't hurt to also try 120hz and compare the two to see which one you like more.

Real Name
Kenneth Kraly Jr.
Al.Anderson said:
You don't mention having a sub. If you don't have a sub then set the mains to 'large', which in effect means there's no crossover. If you do have a sub, then set the mains to small, and set the crossover at 100hz (since the 2600's have a frequency response starting at 90hz, and there's a slope involved in the crossover setting). It couldn't hurt to also try 120hz and compare the two to see which one you like more.
I have a Yamaha sub and it's at 60Hz and the speakers on the 2600's are 90Hz so Which setting in the onkyo do I set the cross over setting to?

Real Name
Kenneth Kraly Jr.
Robert_J said:
I have a Yamaha sub and it's at 60Hz
What's at 60hz? The dial on the back of the sub?
speakers on the 2600's are 90Hz
What do you mean by that?
The speakers I have are 90 hz and the sub is 60hz theirs only a volume control on it and a on off switch. Again I ask what is the cross over on my onkyo TX SR-308 I set the speakers to? I have small speakers which those Yamaha's are.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'd set the crossover to 120. Even though the speakers are rated down to 90 hz they only have 2 1/2 inch drivers. Better to be safe than sorry.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I have a Yamaha sub and it's at 60Hz and the speakers on the 2600's are 90Hz so Which setting in the onkyo do I set the cross over setting to?
Change the receiver crossover to 100 or 120, and set the sub crossover to 'off', 'out', or it it doesn't have either of those, whatever the highest setting is. If you are using the receiver to control the crossover then you don't want or need the sub doing anything.

Real Name
Kenneth Kraly Jr.
Thanks for the help everyone I set the cross over to 120Hz in my onkyo and all the speakers sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks