What's new

Need help with replacing air filter for 05’ Ford Focus ZX5 2.0 (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I removed the plastic mud panel in driver side wheel well to get to it air exchanger box. I removed the two rubber connectors from the compartment for the outgoing air duct and unscrewed the clamp for the incoming connection. I also unscrewed the two small mounting bolts. But I still can’t remove the assembly. There seems to be a third screw in the very front that I can’t get to. You can’t get to it from the engine well. It seems to actually be closer to, or inside the bumper assembly. As a last resort, I tried to pry open the intake assembly with a screwdriver to see if I could replace the filter w/o removing the entire unit. But all I did was chew up the apparent opening seam in several places. I must be doing something wrong! Do I have to remove the entire unit just to replace the air filter? If so, how do I remove that front screw?

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Jay, thanks for the link! Had no idea they were making air filters that last that long.

Hmm...I wonder why Advance Auto Parts sold me a replacement filter. Oh!...$$$...nevermind.

Or maybe it's actually for an older model Focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks