1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP WITH NEW TOY

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by wcomet73, Jan 12, 2008.

1. wcomet73

wcomet73 New Member

i bought PSW450 polk audio from a garage sale its a very nice piece i still don't know to wire it if anyone can send me a diagram thank you[​IMG]

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    Well, that kinda depends on what you want to wire it to. If you post the make and model of your receiver, we'll probably be able to offer some opinions.

Basically if your receiver has an RCA-style outupt jack marked "Sub" or "Sub-woofer" or "LFE" you just need to run a cable from that to the back of the sub. (If it has left/right stereo RCA inputs, connecting it to either one of them should work.) If your receiver doesn't have such an output, see if any of the bare-wire speaker connections are marked as subwoofer outputs and connect the sub as you would any other speaker.

It is only one connection from your sound source to the sub, so I don't think you'll need a diagram. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    But in case you do need a diagram, I found the manual for this sub on the Polk Audio website. (You'll find that most manufacturers sites have downloadable user's guide, typically in PDF format.)

PSW450 Manual

Regards,

Joe

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Well-Known Member

Some husband is going to be mad, when he gets home and realizes his wife sold off his sub at a garage sale. [​IMG] [​IMG]