1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with gamecubes in surround sound(cant get DPLII to work)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KennB, Mar 25, 2003.

1. KennB

KennB Member

Ok I just bought a Kenwood VR-6060 reciever and wanted to play the gamecube games in surround sound DPLII,but I cant seem to figure out how to make the reciever switch to DPLII. I set the game to surround sound but the reciever still just plays stereo. What am I doing wrong?

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Well-Known Member

With my older Kenwood reciever, I had to make sure it was set to "Analog" because the Gamecube outputs using RCA cables; then I had to hit "Surround Mode" until it cycled through to DPL. There should be a similar button on your reciever.

3. KennB

KennB Member

Actually I figured out why I couldnt cycle through the surround options is because I hade my fronts "B" turned on and it always read as stereo when I was doing manual selection. Only when I selected "A" only it let me do PLII movie,music,and all those other surround modes. So I guess with only digital inputs(Gamecube is only analog [​IMG] ) i'm able to use "A/B" together and in surround sound(DD or DTS).