What's new

Need help with gamecubes in surround sound(cant get DPLII to work) (1 Viewer)

KennB

Grip
Ok I just bought a Kenwood VR-6060 reciever and wanted to play the gamecube games in surround sound DPLII,but I cant seem to figure out how to make the reciever switch to DPLII. I set the game to surround sound but the reciever still just plays stereo. What am I doing wrong?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
With my older Kenwood reciever, I had to make sure it was set to "Analog" because the Gamecube outputs using RCA cables; then I had to hit "Surround Mode" until it cycled through to DPL. There should be a similar button on your reciever.

KennB

Grip
Actually I figured out why I couldnt cycle through the surround options is because I hade my fronts "B" turned on and it always read as stereo when I was doing manual selection. Only when I selected "A" only it let me do PLII movie,music,and all those other surround modes. So I guess with only digital inputs(Gamecube is only analog :frowning: ) i'm able to use "A/B" together and in surround sound(DD or DTS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks