What's new

Need help with bedroom surround system. (1 Viewer)

walkthewalk

Auditioning
Real Name
Robb
I need a little help putting together a surround sound setup for my bedroom. I have a Sony STR-DE475 reciever. It puts out 80.0 Watt - 8.0 Ohm on each channel. I already have a powered sub running off the line level subwoofer out. I just need some help picking out the 5 surround speakers. I don't want to spend a whole lot I just need some decent sound. I have been looking on ebay and all I see are speakers that are 3ohms or 6ohms. Would it be okay to use them on my reciever? Like, if the speakers need 60watts - 6ohms is it okay to use them on my reciever? Is there some kind of conversion or am I just going to be better off getting 8ohms speakers? I dont want to run my reciever too hot and mess it up and not get good sound. I cant seem to find a decent set of 8ohms speakers that arent too pricey. Can anyone reccoment me something? I dont need professional stuff just decent level speakers.

I was looking at this kit but its 6ohms... would this be okay to use on my reciever?

[link deleted by moderator; please read our Rules; no eBay links allowed]

Thanks!

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
6 ohm is likely fine. I wouldn't use 3 ohm.

I'd get an Energy Take Classic 5.0 set, ~$200.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
i have one problem with the energy take classic set - they don't get close to 100hz meaning you have a gap between sat and sub or crossover too high.

i like the athena ls50's @$60/pr and lsc50 @$60/ea for 5 speakers for $180 total.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks