What's new

Need Help With 3D HTPC Hardware & Software (1 Viewer)

Sosa

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Marks
Hi I own a Samsung HLT6187SX/XAA DLP HDTV with a 3DA-1 adapter, and a Onkyo TX-SR876 receiver which is not 3D capable. I'm looking to build a 3D HTPC that would be compatible with what I own and build it to be somewhat future proof, if that's possible. This is what I'm looking for: 3D Blu-Ray player/burner. Silent or quiet case or tower. Silent or quiet power supply. A quality & compatible motherboard for what I need with USB 3.0. 1.5TB-2TB Hard Drive & hopefully quiet. If possible wireless internet built in, if not I'll buy a adapter. 3D compatible video card for playing 3D Blu-Ray's, 3D MKV's, HD MP4's. Also I'm not looking to play games but I would like the card to handle 2D To 3D conversion well, if the video card contributes to that. For Audio I would like to send one HDMI out to my AV Receiver & get Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and one HDMI to my 3DA-1 adapter. i3,i5 or i7 processor depending on what I need to play all the formats I list & in 3D. For a TV Card, I would only want one if I could use a program to convert 2D to 3D HDTV stations, if that's not possible I don't need one. A program or programs that play all the formats I listed, and also does 2D to 3D conversion well. I haven't purchased 3D glasses yet, but I'm looking to buy the Ultra Clears, and I don't know which would be compatible with a HTPC. DLP Link or IR? If IR I would need to buy a emitter. For budget, I'm not looking to spend an outrageous amount & I heard it's possible to build a quality HTPC for a low cost if it's not a full blown gaming machine, if that's true or not. Any help would be great and fast responses would be much appreciated, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.