What's new

Need help w/ car audio (1 Viewer)

PrinzII

Agent
This is what I am planning to put in my car....

Eclipse 4441 Head Unit
Eclipse In-Dash CD Changer

JL Audio XR-653-CS 3 Way 6.5" Components
JL Audio XR-650-CX 6.5" Coaxial Speakers
JL Audio 12W6v2 Sub

Audio Control DQT Equalizer
JL Audio 500/1 amp
JL Audio 450/4 amp

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I am either going to get a new HU or get my 6 disk cd changer fixed. Off the bat, does anyone know how much getting the 6 disk cd changer would cost? The HU I am looking at is the Poineer DEH 1500 or 2500. Does anyone have a good or bad experience w/ a Pioneer HU? Thanks.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased the Pioneer DEH-P3500 and I think it's great! By no means am I an audiophile, and this IS my first headunit, so I can't compare it to others, but I really like it. It has 2 pre-outs (2.2 V I think, most ppl reccommend 4 volt, but here in Canada, 4V headunits get pretty expensive) - 1 front pre-out, 1 rear/subwoofer out.
I looked around and in my price range it was the best I could find. So mark me off as one of the many happy Pioneer customers. And I didn't opt for the premier version, but if you can, I'd recommend you get the Premier version if you decide on Pioneer and the price difference is minimal. In my case, it meant at least $50 dollars more, but some American online dealers (ikesound) offer it for a few bucks more.

Anyway, that's my experience. My post was purely about Pioneer, but be sure to audition the Alpines and Eclipses in your price range as well.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks