What's new

Need help selecting HDTV (1 Viewer)

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the requirements. Must have a digital tuner and be at least 32" and be under $1,000.

My number one choice is the Sanyo at Walmart, $747 I love their 60 day return policy so if I don't like it, back it goes.

The second choice was the Zenith c32v37. It used to be sold at BB for $900, but all of a sudden they don't sell it anymore. I see the v36 on the website and the stores don't have any Zenith CRTs. I asked them and they said they don't carry them anymore. I can't find it locally anywhere. I'd like to pick up the TV because I don't want the $100-$150 trucking fees.

I heard Samsung is pretty crappy so I'd like to stay away from them.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say, why settle for the Sanyo? Just save up some extra duckets and spend it on a bigger, better TV from Hitachi, Sony or Mitsubishi.

And Samsung actually doesn't suck- they've got some of the most innovative technologies going and one of the hottest HDTVs out there as far as the general public is concerned.

If you want any advice, it would be to be veeeeery picky and look beyond Wal-Mart.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
It must have a tuner. So far I've only seen Zenith, Sanyo, and Samsung bother to include them.

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a sony XBR a bout 6 months ago- it comes with an HD tuner, though you pay for it. In most cases, you don't need one, as Cable and Dish usually have them to receive their HD feeds anyway(I use Dish, and the tuner in my Sony is useless at this point as I can't receive and HD signals from location). If you want to pick them up off the free airwaves, then you'll need one built in for your antennae...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks