1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help quick!! Banana Plug hookup question!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Da Silva, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva Well-Known Member

alright guys I feel really stupid asking this question but I need to know the answer before I go to home depot tonight. I have a Sony DB-940 reciever and the speaker cables that I'm using now are plugged into my reciever with bare wires stuck in the binding post. Now my question is I want to get some new 12 gauge cables and banana plugs tonight, but how exactly to I hook up the banana plugs to my recievers binding post??? do I stick it in the same spot that my bare wire is now and then just screw it down. Or do I stick the banana plugs into the holes that are on the front of the binding post??
    ------------------

2. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Well-Known Member

Right into the holes on the front. Tighten the nuts down then stick the plug in the hole.. [​IMG]

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Well-Known Member

Once you have the banana plugs in your hands it will all make sense...believe me I don't think there's any other way to hook them up
    ------------------