What's new

need help deciding between onkyo tx-nr818, Pioneer SC-1223 , and denon avr-x3000 (1 Viewer)

Henry Hughes

Agent
I am upgrading my home theater equipment and I am looking at receivers. Currently I have a onkyo tx-sr805. I have old axiom m60 speakers. but I am planning on upgrading my speakers also. Just curious which receiver would you guys consider to be the better performer.

thanks for answers in advance

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The one that has the features you'll use.What features do you want?Zone 2(analog fine or digital)?Pre-outs?Doing height or width?Using apps/networking?Using a Harmony/ URC, or want the AVR to have a master remote?What are the sources?

Henry Hughes

Agent
schan1269 said:
The one that has the features you'll use.What features do you want?Zone 2(analog fine or digital)?Pre-outs?Doing height or width?Using apps/networking?Using a Harmony/ URC, or want the AVR to have a master remote?What are the sources?
wow, i never really thought about all that. I don't need zone 2, I don't plan to use an amp so I don't really have an immediate need for pre outs. The height and width is not really an issue, as it will be sitting on a shelf with nothing above it. I would like to be able to interface with my wifi, so networking would be a good thing. I am planning on purchasing an Harmony remote.

The sources would be a uverse box, a ps3, ps4, xbox 360, a television, possibly an htpc, and possibly an xbox one.

Henry Hughes

Agent
schan1269 said:
Height/width aren't dimensions.DPL IIzAudyssey DSX
Oh wow, i feel pretty sheepish. I have read about audyssey but have never used it. On my current receiver i just used the test tones and a sound meter.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The 805 doesn't have DSX. It didn't exist then.Essentially, based on your other thread, are you sure you want(for whatever reason it is) to replace your current speakers. Or...move on to 7.1 or 9.1 and add more speakers.

Henry Hughes

Agent
schan1269 said:
The 805 doesn't have DSX. It didn't exist then.Essentially, based on your other thread, are you sure you want(for whatever reason it is) to replace your current speakers. Or...move on to 7.1 or 9.1 and add more speakers.
I currently have a 6.1 setup. So i would like the ability to move to a 7.1. However, right now i just want to upgrade my speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks