What's new

Need help connecting stereo (1 Viewer)

chillyw13

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Hi all, I am a noob so be gentle ;)

I recently bought a 50" samsung plasma and a samsung HT-Z320 HT system. My question is this:

I want to connect my Aiwa stereo to the Aux audio in so I can play CD's/Album's through my receiver. However, I never get much volume and if I try to turn up the Aiwa, it cuts off and resets itself. It does have the digital audio port, but I can't use it because I am using it for the TV. So how do I connect my stereo to the receiver so that I can listen to the stereo? Am I making sense?

Thanks in advance!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. If you want to play a cd the Samsung and connect the Samsung to the Aiwa and listen to the cd thru the Aiwa and it's own pair of speakers then I'm afraid you can't do that. The Samsung doesn't have any way to output the audio signal other than thru hdmi. This is one reason htib's aren't very popular around here. They are all inclusive and don't allow much flexability.

chillyw13

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Actually, I want to listen to the CD from the Aiwa through the Samsung. It wouldn't be much of a deal, but I also have a turntable that I like to use as well.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You would need to dis-connect the cd player from the Aiwa and connect it straight to the Samsung with red and white analog cables to "AUX 2". See page 26.
Since the Samsung doesn't have a phono input you can't connect your turntable to it.

There's really no way to connect one receiver to another. If the Aiwa has a "Tape Out" output you may be able to use it (and connect the cd player to the "Tape In") but you might just as well eliminate the middle man and connect it straight to the Samsung.

chillyw13

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Well, it's an all in one so I can't disconnect anything except the turntable, which does have red/white analog. Would I be able to use the headphone jack to feed audio to the AUX2 on the Samsung? Would that work?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I figured the Aiwa and cd player were seperate components.

Would I be able to use the headphone jack to feed audio to the AUX2 on the Samsung?

Never heard of anyone trying anything like that but you would need some kind of an adapter that would split the single headphone jack back to stereo and have a dual rca connection on the other end. Don't know if anything like that is availabe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks