What's new

Need help choosing CRT RPTV (1 Viewer)

SteveNixon

Grip
hey Geo, me too...at 3K (i thought I would have to pay 4200 for the 815 over the net) it seems like a steal.

now trying to build a sub 2000 DVD/SACD/HT system...

Joseph.C

Grip
well i found the sony at onecall.com for $1529 w/ free shipping and no tax.;)
h ttp://ww3.onecall.com/PID_25155.htm
Has anyone ordered from them with the free shipping option? do they just make you sign the release then leave the TV at the door. would i need a few friends to help me lug this thing to the second floor?

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Steve - I hope you enjoy yours! It's getting closer to my move-in date for my new house, and I'm going to be happy to start watching movies again. Unfortunately, my speakers orders for my Swans and my Axioms won't get here until about February. *sigh*

I'm probably going to go with the Sony 975 for DVD.

SteveNixon

Grip
I had heard that that one was better for fixed pixel displays...so i went with a dennon 2900...could have gone either way though.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm using the Sony 975 via HDMI for 480p --- very nice --- Just hope I don't get an issue with the player as many people are having problems with it.

Joseph.C

Grip
well i finally purchased the WS520, it comes tomorrow. Got it for 1502.17 delivered next day from Best Buy. It was a very quick and easy transaction, no BS. They asked me if i wanted the service plan once, and no offer of cables/etc. I was surprised i got out of there in 15 minutes. Just looking forward to tomorrow.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks