What's new

Need Help! Center, surround speaker to match Infinity Beta 40 (1 Viewer)

vinay60

Auditioning
Real Name
Vinay Jain
Hello,

I am on a budget and I need recommendations for center and surround speakers to match Infinity Beta 40 (front right and left). Here's what I am thinking:

1. Center speaker

Options - Beta C250, Beta C360 OR JBL Northridge EC35
Price Range - $150-200
Considerations: I am think of going with EC35. My first choice is really C360 but I don't think I will be able to convince my wife to fit that BIG unit in our living room. EC35 is also dicey (also pretty huge) but may be doable?! Size-wise, Beta C250 is probably the best option but since they cost same as EC35 I am leaning towards the 3-way speakers.

Qs:
1. Am I making the right choice?
2. Will the tonal quality of EC35 (blk) match Beta40 (blk)?
3. Is there a better speaker you would suggest in the same price range?

2. Surround

Options - JBL Northridge E20, Infinity Primus 150 OR ??
Price Range - $80-100
Considerations: I am thinking of staying away from Infinity Beta 20 (or 10) because of the price ($200+). Primus 150 has good reviews but not sure if I should go for E20s, specially if I pick EC35 for center?

Qs:
1. Am I making the right choice?
2. Is there a better speaker you would suggest in the same price range?

I have a fairly small room (12X15) and planning on getting a receiver HK AVR-240 (refurb,

Alan M

Second Unit
Having your front three speakers match is very important.
Getting a center from the same model product line as your left and right is the correct choice.

It is possible to get a center from another brand to match,but it is difficult to do,and many "experts" for go attempting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks