What's new

Need good surround speakers ... in white (1 Viewer)

Patrick_McCl

Auditioning
The compromise: I want some home theater speakers that sound good, and my GF wants speakers that won't be too noticeable in our living room. They'll be wall- or ceiling-mounted, which means they need to be white or light gray. Smaller is better, also.

All of the well-regarded speakers I've checked out so far are limited to black or brown. The various Sony satellite speakers (such as the SS-LA500ED/S) would look OK, but I haven't heard a lot of enthusiasm for their performance.

Can anyone come up with some recommendations?

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
Most in wall speakers are available in white and a number of them are paintable to any color you want. Polk used to make white surround speakers but I don't know if they still do.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
The Klipsch Quintets come in white, they are no longer available from retail stores but ubid.com always has some for sale. This is where I got my white surrounds.

Polk makes some, as well as KLH and Atlantic Technology. Not sure of your price range, but most of the better manufacturers (not mass market) make white surrounds.

Jeff_PxR

Stunt Coordinator
I have Mirage Omnisats--very stylish and white--about 10 inches in diameter. They also make micros. www.miragespeakers.com Remember, though--you want your rears to match your forwards and center in timbre. Go with the same manufacturer, at least, if you can.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
jbl n24s come in a white version (technically its an indoor/outdoor speaker, hence they are called n24AWs). they make pretty good surrounds and are fairly small as far as speakers are concerned.

Chris Zell

Stunt Coordinator
Monitor Audio and Revel make white surrounds, and both are excellent, especially the Revels (but not cheap) - I've listened to both a lot.

Cheers,
Chris

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I would take a look at the Blueroom Minipods or the Gallo Micros. Both come in white, and both have a very distinctive look. Oh, and they sound great as well.

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
M&K offers a bunch of their models in white, including the SS-150 THX tripole/dipole.

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
DefTec makes the BP1X and BP2X in white. Im quite happy with the sound they produce for surround use. Although I wish I had gotten them in black, I can empathize with the WAF. At least they're not BOSE!:D

EdNichols

Second Unit
I have the little Energy Take 5 speakers in white for surrounds, they sound good and blend in well with my light colored walls. They can be bought in sets of two even though they are sold mostly in sets of 4 with the center channel.

steven pm

Agent
SuperZero XU's come in white, complete with mounting bracket. Excellent, clear speakers (if you have a high-current amp to drive them; they're not the most efficient but will play loud & clear with a good amp!)

Erik M

Auditioning
If you don't mind buying direct from the factory, I would recommend the Home Theater Direct Middies: HTD
Small, white or black MTM design. Well made of MDF, not plastic, and cast frame mids. Great sound and looks. You can buy them individually at $70 ea. or as a whole set with a sub for $500. Good company too with excellent service, 5 yr warranty, and a no cost 30 day return policy, including shipping both ways.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Check out B&W LM series. They come with Pearl White and it includes the bracket. Take a look at my signature I have some LM1 for my side and rear surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks