What's new

Need Contact Lens Recommendations. (1 Viewer)

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Definetly look into the lenses by Johnson & Johnson. They have several products to fit all kinds of wearing schedules.Acuvue,Surevue, lenses with Hydroclear etc... They have the best product on the market with more coming.

Todd K

Second Unit
I heartily recommend proclear compatibles, by CooperVision. I've been wearing them about 8 years now, and have been told they're among the best by multiple doctors. Supposedly it's the high water content. They're monthly disposables. Ask your eye care practitioner.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Only useful advice: Try as many as you can. Some fit better than others. In fact, one eye can take one brand, and the other another one.

Do you have astigmatism? If so, it may take a long time before you can find one that fits. I haven't found one yet that works for me, especially in this dry environment. Western Canada is about to head into the worst drought since the depression, which makes wearing contacts impossible for a lot of people...

Ralph_G

Auditioning

Excellent advice

I have found Ciba's Focus Night and Day lenses as well as Vistakon's Acuvue Advance are two of the better performing contact lenses when it comes to comfort for long periods of time.

CooperVision also makes a wonderful lens, however their customer service as of late is terrible. I really don't like to deal with them unless I have to.:frowning:

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I reccomend Baush & Lomb's Optima FW lenses. I've been using them for 5 or 6 years now. Very comfortable. J&J Acuvue lenses are also good.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
The Vistakon J&J product line are superb. They have some of the best line of lenses for all types of fitting and wear schedule. Their range of powers/ base curve/ axis are so broad I'm sure you would fit into something. They have the best costumer service around.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
And I can vouch for Acuvue 2s.

I think that contacts have come a long way, and the fact that there are many people who vouch for many brands attests to that.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
after using Acuvue's since thay first came out then Acuvue 2s, Last time I ran out the place I buy them was out and gave me a sample of Focus Dailies to try until mine came in, I found the focus to be much better, if I forget to take them out, I wake up fine the next mourning and can even use them two days without knowing I have lenses in.
kd

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. My problem is I get the dry/plastic feeling after only four hours of wear. But these new contacs have my intrigued.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
My mom's an optometrist so I get freebies and beta tests. Ciba's Focus Night and Day is my personal favorite for wearing long periods. (I still don't sleep in them because even though you can.. it's not recommended)

I beta tested some Acuvue contact lenses called galyfilcon A. It came in a Yellow generic looking box. I just looked it up, and it appears that it may now be Acuvues Advance with Hydraclear.

I don't know if they under went any changes, but I just like the Ciba Night and Days a lot better. The Galyfilcon A contacts might better than Acuvue 2s which I also tried. They are more slimy/wet.

The Acuvues are cheaper than the Focus Night and days though, but I think my eyes get more oxygen with the Focus.

Phil_L

Second Unit
I recommend the Focus daily disposables. I can wear them 16-18 hours and I love being able to throw them away at the end of the day. They are a bit more expensive but they are really hassle-free.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
The Acuvue Advance with Hydroclear are the best lenses on the market for that catagory. They hydroclear keeps the eye moist and they have some of the highest oxygen permiability around.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I have been wearing contat lens for 28 years. While I dont have a specific problem with continuing to use them, I have for a long time been considering alternatives to contact or glasses. Basicly surgery.

Recently I have been made aware of a different approch to this problem. Its called Gentle Vision Shaping System (GVSS). Here's a quote from one web site with its link.

http://www.gentlevisionshaping.com/whatisgvss.php

Has anyone else heard of this procedure or tried it?

Ralph_G

Auditioning
Also known as Orthokeratology (ortho-k) or Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT). We have done this with several patients with varied results.

First of all, it is only available for patient's that suffer from myopia (nearsighted) and/or slight astigmatism.
It involves wearing RGP (hard) contact lenses while you sleep in attempt to reshape the corneal surface thus eliminating the need for glasses during the day time hours. While 20/20 vision is the target, 20/40 (the legal visual minimum for driving) is considered acceptable.

This is not a permanent procedure. The contact lenses must be worn on a nightly basis, however it is not uncommon to be able to skip a night here or there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks