1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

need coax (from tv, not receiver) to rca adapter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim_Stonesifer, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Tim_Stonesifer

Tim_Stonesifer Well-Known Member

First, let me explain the setup I'm trying to make. I'm planning on having a standard indoor antenna plug into a convertor box which goes into my computer. The problem is that my computer only has rca/s-video inputs and I'd rather not buy a tv tuner card. Are there any adapters out there that will convert a television coax signal into rca plugs? Kind of like a reversed rf modulator. Thanks in advance.

2. RandyRush

RandyRush Well-Known Member

I am currently using several coax cables as RCA connects; my local part supplier (Electrotex.com) has coax/rca connectors that just screw onto the coax connection. very cheap too!

3. GordonL

GordonL Well-Known Member

RadioShack has the coax/RCA adapters for $2.99. However, where on your computer are you trying to connect this to? Do you have some sort of capture card?

4. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Is this adapter really going to be good enough? I mean, doesn't the signal need to be demodulated or converted somehow in addition to the connector being made to fit?

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

6. Tim_Stonesifer

Tim_Stonesifer Well-Known Member

I think Bob hit it with converting the signal. I'll probably go with a VCR, but if anyone does have a cheaper solution I'd love to hear it. And Gordon, I am planning on plugging it into a capture card.

7. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Well-Known Member

Lee Bailey
    I would have the agree that the easiest method would be a cheap VCR, especially since you will need a tuner.