What's new

Need advice please ! (1 Viewer)

davecash77

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I just purchased a new LG-47GA6400 47" smart 3D TV and I plugged the headphone jack into my Bose wave radio and it sounded decent but that radio no longer works so I would like to get a surround sound or something with 4 speakers. I do not want to be blasted out of the room just something that will sound good watching a movie.Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get that does not cost a lot and my unit does have A.R.C if that matters..

Here are the specs if it helps...Thanks

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-47GA6400-led-tv

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What's your budget?

Also, any reason for the four speaker? Its an unusual number. Or maybe a better way to ask that is, where do you plan to place the speakers?

And finally, have you considered a soundbar? We prefer full speaker systems, but if you were using a Wave radio,a soundbar might be the appropriate upgrade path.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Sounds like a soundbar or sound base (zevox, bose solo, ect) might be something for you. I have some experience with the Bose solo. It's a very easy to setup unit but really lacks in the bass area. However, the vocals are very clear and is not overwhelming like some systems can be.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe he remembers surround...pre-center...Or he typo'd. Or he wants "doubled stereo".Let us know a budget. Yamaha, Boston Acoustics and Bowers & Wilikins(amongst too many others to type) make 2.1 to 7.1 soundbars from $200 to $2000.An audio system can be bought for around $250(real AVR and 5.1 sat) to into $1,000,000.

davecash77

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Sound bar would be ok...Do not really need 4 speakers but i only want tospend at most $200..

Thank you guys for the responses...

I only paid $395 for the TV,,i think i got a great deal it was brand new but had like a dime shaped shadowing on the screen and to be honest i cant even see it..

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Soundbar - I set this one up at my GF's house because I hated the TV audio. For the price it's a solid little performer. It won't rattle the walls but it will enhance the sound of any TV or movie you're watching. It's not full surround but for your budget it's certainly worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks