What's new

Need advice. JVC LCOS or Samsung DLP (1 Viewer)

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
i really like the JVC myself. At our local HH Gregg (Ohio) i got to mess with the 70" Lcos set with and HD feed of FOX Sports football. The picture was absolutely stunning, so im guessing that the 56" would be equally as nice or better.

The only one i have seen that was comparable was the Sony SXRD but IMHO the JVC beats it out overall.

I did not feel that the JVC was too bright and it was in an area of the store with only moderate lighting.

Joe Cortney

Auditioning
"I am yet to see a JVC set in a place where they actually set em up to look good"

I saw the 61" Pro at Starpower in Dallas last week. It was exceptional and that was right out of the box with no calibration.

I'm not usually an "early adopter" but based on what the 61 looked like, I ordered the 70" from TV Authority. They are not available, but I am first in line.

Joe Cortney
Dallas, TX

mike abaum

Auditioning
I have one difference for the JVC vs. Samsung. I have a new JVC HD61Z886 (61") and with the HDMI cable used, the TV audio drops out about every three seconds with a loud "pop". This only happens with the HDMI cable. Component video cables are ok. The JVC engineers know about this problem, and they have a fix. The rub lies in getting them to do the repair. They have been giving me the run around for weeks now. They promise to call but don't. They will not return calls. They will not accept calls. In short, your warranty is useless. What do I have to do to get my brand new JVC television to have sound? Try the Samsung or the Sharp as noted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks