What's new

Need a new receiver (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi JB

It is about time that you have decided to describe yourself as a minimalist and a purist...and your opinion is actually not valid when it comes to receivers for innocent newbies who don't want to be stuck with buggy, insufficiently engineered receivers from HK...if you don't have what it takes to visit Consumer Reports headquarters to see their amazing labs...you should refrain from posting your minimalist and purist philosophy in the HTF...there is another Forum for minimalists and purists...all in good fun.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi JB

Perhaps you ought to get on your rowing machine ;)...if you don't have what it takes to actually go to the headquarters of Consumer Reports, how can you continue to make uninformed recommendations?...I will continue to try to prevent you from using your minimalist and purist philosophy on this forum to convince innocent newbies from succumbing to your minimalist and purist philosophy...I have as much knowledge and information as I need to make informed recommendations as I need...all in good fun of course.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi JB

I guess you decided not to take a spin on your rowing machine...maybe a ride in your BMW will calm you down ;)...all in good fun of course.

PS The minimalists and purists are hanging out on another Forum.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

"Maybe I should just Godwin this thread now so we can be done with it"?

If you don't have what it takes to continue to discuss the subject at hand...and actually visit the headquarters of Consumers Reporsts...feel free to "Godwin this thread so we can be done with it"...in the meantime I will continue to try to prevent minimalists and purists like you from getting innocent newbies involved with unreliable HK receivers...all in good fun of course.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

With all due respect Jeremey

This is not meant to be entertaining...I am simply trying to help innocent newbies from being directed towards buggy, sloppily engineered HK receivers...my friend John Brill is a minimalist and purist who doesn't have what it takes to actually visit the headquarters of Consumer Reports to see their amazing labs and then he can begin to understand what it means to have done testing for over 70 years...please keep in touch with me.

PS I hope he is not so threatened that he decides to "Godwin this thread so that we can be done with it"...there is another Forum where minimalists and purists hang out...all in good fun of course.

Kevin Crays

Agent
IME, the more I know about something less I respect Consumer Reports. They recently reviewed photo printers, yet they didn't have Epson (which most pro-prosumers consider the best at that task). Their recommendation on the DSLr one should get was questionable. And when they did an article on computers, I couldn't decide if I should fall over laughing or outraged by the misinformation they spread to less knoweldgable consumers.

That said, if I was grabbing a Washer/Dryer detergent or some other such items, I'd probably take their advice....but then I don't know much aobut those things ;)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Kevin

With all due respect

This is not about washing machines or dryers...Consumer Reports has some amazing labs...audio engineers...video engineers...statisticians...electronics editors...and they have been testing and reviewing products and services for more than 70 years...how about getting together with John Brill and taking a drive to the headquarters of Consumer Reports and then we can continue to discuss what you consider to be "the misinformation they spread to less knowledgeable consumers". With all due respect...you simply need to drive to their annual open house to see their amazing labs and meet with their audio engineers...video engineers...electronics editors, etc...and Consumer Reports is not intended for pro-sumers...if is intended for ordinary consumers...thank you for contributing to this thread. All in good fun of course.

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
Hey Spider, please disregard my recommendation on the 1016. It does not pass audio over HDMI. I will recommend the 816 since I have experience with it. The other guys have made some recommendations that seem good too.

Happy hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks