1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a decent 5.1 receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Spetznaz24, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Spetznaz24

Spetznaz24 New User

Serge
    Hello all. I have an old 9 year old Kenwood 6.1 receiver that I want to replace. Was purchased at radioshack as part of a HTIB. I replaced the speakers with energy classic speakers and now want to replace the receiver. Receiver will be used with a PS3, Directv for movies and games.

I am only looking for 5.1 . One feature i am looking for is the HDMI standby pass through

I have been recommended the Denon AVR-300. Those seem to be a little out of my price ranger. They are about $350-400 online. I have found out that FRY's has them for $200 regularly. Unfortunately I am in the North East. There are absolutely no decent instore deals at places like Best Buy.

I have also seen the Denon AVR-1613 for around $290 new or $220 refurbished. Does anybody have a guess as to when the E300 will begin to be sold at deep discounts ?

Is there a big difference between 1613 vs E300.

Also feel free to recommend any other decent receivers.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    There is a guy on here selling a 1612. You might check on Denon's website to see if that one has it.All new entry-level AVR debut in March. Been that way for 30+ years. E300 Will be clearance then.The lowest Yamaha with it is the 475. Not sure if the 473 had it.