What's new

Need 6x9's and amp (1 Viewer)

Nick.S

Stunt Coordinator
I sold my subs amp and crossover a few months ago. I am only running front speakers and front tweeters. It sounds very very plain. I need some nice 6x9's and a amp. I don’t really want to spend to much but want it to be loud and clear. If I could get some good bass from the 6x9's that would be nice because I am kind of liking have trunk space. Any suggestions wanted :)

Nick.S

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
6x9s can't really play too loud cause they are coaxials. Components can play better bass and louder music. I'd suggest getting another good component set for the your rear. If you get any type of 6x9s, one whats your mounting depth. Also the amp you get should be a good SQ amp. I'd suggest if you want to stay in a low budget to get a Hifonics 2 ch amp. 6x9s i'd get Boston Acoustic or MB Quart. If components I'd get the new ED 6500 6.5 set.

Dean_S

Second Unit
If you want a good inexpensive 6x9 (coax or not) that is capable of producing decent bass then you need to call Toby Corp in Fort Worth, Tx. 10 years in the car stereo biz and 11 years since, I've yet to find a better 6x9.

Word of advice: Try not to get Toby on the phone, you really want to talk to one of his employees. He's like a mad scientist and it's just easier to avoid him on the car audio stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks