What's new

NEC Fish Club Jr. (24 widescreen CRT) (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
This is only the third time (because I bought the other 2!) that an NEC Fish Club Jr. has been posted for sale in the United States. It is an ultra rare unit.

It's a 24" CRT widescreen display (480i only) encased in a special housing with a 1 inch thick water filled plexiglass front. This gives the impression that it's a fully functioning fish tank, and it fools almost everyone who sees it! Only maintenance required is to refill the water over time but otherwise it's maintenence free.

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/6/6d/fish4.jpg/1000x500px-LL-fish4.jpg">[/url]

The unit can be used with the bubbling function turned on or off, as well as used as a regular display. It has a composite video input as well as a mono audio input for other devices as well (old video game system? Squeeze Laserdisc?).
The fish display is via special PCMCIA cards which can still be found in Japan on Yahoo auctions. I'm including the multiple fish feeder which is an attachment (installed) that allows 5 PCMCIA cards to be inserted, and the unit will cycle through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks