What's new

NCIS season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I can't really blame them. They want to make sure that we tune in next year, when the show will be up against unknown competition, maybe a new show, maybe an existing one that has been moved to a new timeslot. (Or maybe NCIS will move, which amounts to the same thing.) During the early parts of a season fans are still finding where their favorite shows are, and sample new ones. Just end on a strong episode and maybe people decide to check out other shows for a week or two, figuring they can catch up with what they miss via reruns. That means ratings will be down those first couple of weeks against that possible new competition. Not a good situation. Give us a cliff-hanger, on the other hand, and we're motivated to make sure that one show we catch from week one is NCIS.

Regards,

Joe

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
You're probably right in that respect. I know that production companies and networks make decisions that they think will translate to better ratings and viewer retention for the upcoming season. My whole problem with the way they ended this season is that I don't think anyone really believes that Gibbs will not be back. I just got the feeling that they left it ambiguous because they felt they needed to have something unresolved.

IMHO it would have been just as effective to show Gibbs walking out of the control room pissed off, and end it with the black and white freeze frame. Letting the audience think that this is a turning point in how Gibbs will handle situations in the future.

Like I said it did nothing to diminish my love for this show. But as good as this show is, I don't want to see it fall into some cookie-cutter show that does what other shows do, for the sake of conformity. (I know this show follows a formula that other crime shows use, but the humor is what I am talking about when I say that it is original, or at least different.)

tyler payne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks