What's new

NCIS season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Yawn. I haven't been blown away by the new dynamic so far, but I'm hoping when they get things back to normal next week this will change.

I like Jenny Shephard but I'm not quite sure what to think of Ziva. I don't want her to be a Kate-clone but they picked a very poor way to introduce her character by making her antagonistic *and* duplicitous from the start.

I really liked Ducky's Asst from last season (his name escapes me), so I was kinda bummed at the return of Gerald, but it's a nice piece of continuity. Hopefully the newly therapied Gerald will show as much personality as the last guy, cause 1st Season Gerald didn't seem very talkative that I recall.

NCIS had perfect onscreen chemistry, too bad Sasha Alexander had to go an ruin it. Hopefully Bellasario leaves the remaining cast alone, since he has said in his EW interview that he may not be done killing off characters.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Well, this week's new episode...

won't be very popular with lawyers.

:D

It looks like Ziva is back next week.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Was anyone else pondering that Paula Cassidy would have been a much better replacement for Kate than Ziva? I really enjoyed the episode... it felt like the gang was sort of back together.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Good episode, but I didn't really like the quick wrap-up at the end. Of course the only other alternative would have been a cliched last minute 'save'.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
You were not alone. I was wondering if they had changed their mind about a "foreign-born" replacement for Kate.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought the chemistry with Cassidy was better too. They all really seemed to click as a group of actors. Where did she come from anyway and does Tony know her from some place else?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
She's been a recurring "guest agent" over the course of the series. They obviously like her enough to keep bringing her character back. Why not just promote her to full cast member?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/11/05

Ziva might have come off kinda strong, but she'll be fun to watch, though she seems too overt for the spy work in her past. Having her and Gibbs make the rest of the team think there is animosity between is a bit of fun and games between them, but will Gibbs' trust be betrayed later.

Ducky has the worst luck with women he's known from his past.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to think that NCIS, rather than the CSI franchise, produces the kinds of strange forensic mysteries that led me to watch CSI in the first place.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I've been thinking that ever since the beginning of NCIS season 2. I've said it before (I think on the season 2 thread of NCIS), but of all the procedural shows, NCIS is easily my favorite. Gibbs is more like a real boss than any of the other CSI-type shows, and the interaction between the characters seems more realistic as well.
On a slightly different topic, Ziva is growing on me a little bit ... (although I think Gibbs would still be a little bit more wary of her ... despite her actions last week). Is it just me, or does she look a little like Sasha Alexander (who played Kate) ?? From certain angles, she looks like her quite a bit ...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When Ziva's hair isn't puffier, she does look a little like Kate from certain angles, but her speech patterns are totally different from Kate's as Ziva is more willing to try new things, and is open to more, as Kate was rather more restrained in her reactions and responses.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In terms of physical appearence the closeup shots of Ziva do resemble Kate from certain angles. I thought the closeup where she winks at Gibbs when he says 'You have no idea' at the conclusion of the episode was the one shot in last night's episode where she most closely resembled Sasha Alexander.

In terms of the character it appears that they are attempting to reverse the dynamic between Tony and Kate where Ziva is now the more adventuresome one in counterpoint to a more restrained (relatively speaking) Tony.

- Walter.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
One benefit of the post-Kate era is that Tony is acting a lot less goofy than the previous year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks