What's new

NCIS Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't regularly watch this show, but I did catch this episode. I was so surprised that Mark Harmon said Illya Kuryakin. I am in my early 40's and I did watch The Man From UNCLE as a kid during first run. I too wondered who'd get it.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks .... yeah ... a few minutes after I posted, I realized I'd forgotten all the Kate/Tony stuff (which was actually pretty funny). Like a lot of the other posters here, this is definitely one of my favorite shows .... of all the "procedural" shows, this one just fires on all cylinders ... I think the humor is really what sets it apart ....

Bryan

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Exactly, the humor in the show is what sets it apart, as well as the diverse characterization. Ducky and Abby are great examples of that. The writing is also superior. Have you noticed that Gibbs seems to be the exact opposite of all the "bosses" in the CSI shows? Gibbs although likeable in his own way is really an a**hole in a lot of ways. I don't think I've ever seen a tender moment from this guy. I really enjoy this show alot, especially in HD.:D

RobertW

Supporting Actor
at the same time, and for all the harshness he sometimes gives to his team, i think they also all recognize that when it comes down to it, there's nothing he wouldn't do for them. but he also expects them to do their jobs, and to do them well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/15/05

It was weird seeing Danica McKeller because she just looks like the adult-sized verson of Winnie when she was in The Wonder Years from the late 1980's. But she's still very cute.

Too bad she had to go, McGee was really just getting started, though Abbs would probably have that jealousy angle to work through.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

So amazingly beautiful, and so achingly vulnerable looking. I actually got depressed when the commercial break ended and we saw her character dead on the carpet. I'm getting depressed again. S i g h !

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, Danica is a real-life math whiz (with plenty of schooling). I'll have to re-read the TV Guide story for more details.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I was shocked when they showed her dead on the floor. I was hoping that her and McGee would have a recurring romance of some kind that would drive Abby crazy. I think what I really like the most about "NCIS" is the humourous interaction of the characters. Did any one catch the episode where the city cops had counterparts to the NCIS team? That was great. My favorite episode thus far though has to be the one with Charles Durning as a CMH winner on Iwo Jima confessing to the murder of his best friend during WWII. Excellent piece of TV writing there.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

Yeah that episode with the counterparts was pretty good, and the one with the MoH marine was pretty good too. Although a little sappy.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I'm not sure why they decided to kill her off. Did McGee really need more motivation? Unfortunately it seemed pretty obvious who the doer was, given they hadn't introduced any other likely suspects.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. That was... depressing.

I think she's going to be hard to replace. :frowning: It's sure going to be different.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Boo! Was there was off-screen stuff to make this happen? The chemistry on this show was top-notch. Can they find their footing again next season?

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
So who watched the finale tonight?

I know they said someone would die... but I seriously never thought it would be Kate. I guess Ari (the double-agent terrorist) is next.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I just started watching NCIS 3 or 4 episodes ago and I really like it. Even being a newbie to the show, I was still a bit shocked by that ending this evening.

Spero D

Second Unit
Apparently she wanted out of the show due to the grueling and physical nature of the show.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Wow. That was a shocker. In hindsight, they set it up real well, with Kate & Abby's premonitions.

I did expect Gibbs & Tony to show more emotion, but I guess the cut-away prevented this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gibbs is going to be a rapid dog in the hunt for Ari. Can you imagine how out of his mind he'll be when the show returns in the fall, and he's still not been able to find Ari?

Anyhow, kudos for not leaking the actual details on who would die, CBS and company. They made it pretty nerve-wracking at the end for the viewers like me know knew that the hammer was going to come down hard, and then it did. Whoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks