What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
USC sure broke in their new offense. Too bad Arkansas fans got to witness it.

Some killer matchups next week!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
No classic games yesterday, though ND/GT was pretty solid. I loved Charlie's gutsy 4th and 1 call late in the game, but wonder how many people would have lambasted him had it failed.

Looking forward to FSU/Miami tomorrow.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Ouch indeed.

My prediction for the national title is still WVU vs. ND. Louisville was going to be the only team to give WVU a run for its money, but with Bush out, I think those chances go way down. I think Bobby Petrino runs a PNP offense, but they'll miss Bush.

With the exception of Kansas State and possibly Northwestern, I don't know how in the hell UK will ever get Blue Chip caliber players to come play for us given the state of the program. Sure we got Micah Jones, but that's just a drop in the bucket.

BTW, where's Ashley at? Your boy Hawkins let me down. :)

David McGough

Second Unit
Joseph Bolus said:
I don't see any team in the SEC really having a shot at the National Championship this year. With Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Alabama beating up on each other all during the regular season-and then having to follow that up with a Conference Championship game(!)- it's all but impossible for a SEC team to finish the season undefeated.

Surely you Jest... Auburn Fla and now We Tennessee is BACK!!!
So eat get ready for a dose of Crow. I will remind you in a few mos

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
What another boring game last night. Too many stupid penalties and lack of offense. Or as some would say 2 incredible defenses.......... ;(

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
The air was smokin and so was the tailback. Just got back from watching Ian Johnson run for 244 yards and five touchdowns v Oregon State. Wow.

He was touted last year as the future of the program, but with atail back by committee approach and a group of seniors Ian was left to share backfield duties and crochet beanies on the sideline. Early in the week he appeared on a talk show and explained that he was too quick getting to the line and that he had to be patient and let the zone blicking schemes develop. Sitting in the SE stands with the ball on the Bronco 41 Ian took a hand-off and seemed to pause. I watched the line part and clearly saw Ian unobstructed by defenders. His patience rewarded he surged forward. His first touchdown for 59 yards.

As a sophomore I look forward to three seasons of great runs - perhaps a school record 33 TD's?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I laughed quite a bit today while listening to Jim Rome rail on the Pac 10 about their lousy defense(again). He said he finally game up defending them.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Very nice job by Syracuse's holder and kicker to put the game into overtime!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
doh, USC has a bye this week, next week is Nebraska, oh well time to watch a movie instead.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
What. The. Fuck. Syracuse really fucked that up. Iowa's defense sure didn't help, though, but still.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

When you're playing a team that had to replace 3/4ths of it's secondary and suspend the one that came back, you're probably going to exploit it.

The Buckeye defense did a stellar job neutralizing Texas' offense. First time in 13 games that Texas doesn't score 40 points.

Damn field goal kickers cost me my 27-10 prediction. :)

Notre Dame whooped the crap out of Penn State. I got home just as Zbikowski was returning the fumble for a touchdown. I hope the Irish turn in a similar performance against Michigan next week.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My Auburn Tigers got up 31-0 quick against the (woeful) Mississippi State Bulldogs, but then played second and third stringers for the remainder of the contest; so the final was just 34-0. Kenny Irons, playing with a "touch of the flu", had an off night; but Brandon Cox, Courtney Taylor, and Brad Lester stepped up and kept the offense going.

I guess the goal this week was just to get the win, and then get the starters out in order to avoid any major injuries going into the LSU game next week. We're already down three linebackers (two due to suspension) for that pivotal game next week.

Next week's game could well decide the SEC West!!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
They interviewed Karma on ESPN. He said he felt like a bookie that was owed $10,000 and the guy comes in and drops off a quarter. Still, he said UT losing was at least a start in Mack Brown's debt to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks