What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ohio State is the first contender for my 2007 DOH! Award. :D

The Republican Party got it for 2006, Disney got it in 2005!, and a Boeing Employee at Cape Canaveral got it in 2004!

For those of you in Rio Linda, Every New Year's Eve I read out a list of what I call my "Annual Awards" One of these is to the Person or group who makes the Biggest Goof-Up of the year. That Individual or Group gets my DOH! Award!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
ESPN's Mark Schlabach, surprisingly, did not rank Notre Dame in their first preseason look at next season. that will naturally change come August, because they can't seem to resist the Irish, unfortunately. :p

2007 college season

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I think Notre Dame's absence is justified. They're simply losing too much on offense, and they didn't have any defense at all last year, so I don't see how anyone can justify putting ND in the top 25 for next year.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Adrian Peterson just issued a statement saying that he hasn't made a decision yet. A small bit of hope remains. :)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Funny thing is that Spiller originally commited to Florida then backed out for Clemson. I bet he wishes he had stuck with the original decision now..... :)

James St

Supporting Actor
Looks like Spiller is staying at Clemson but there are rumors that he is applying for a hardship that would allow him to transfer to Florida in the Spring without sitting out a year. He is the father of a young child and if granted would allow him to transfer to a school closer to home without any penalty to his playing status.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Looks like Notre Dame is attempting to plug that defensive hole by hiring the New York Jets defensive backs coach Corbin Brown. This should sit with Michigan fans because of his alumni status. Young energetic up and comer similar to Walker of UCLA.

James St

Supporting Actor
Looks like the Gators will be losing 10 starters on defense. 4 juniors have declared for the draft and the rest are seniors. No word yet if DE Derrick Harvey will go pro.

DE: Ray McDonald - Sr
DE: Jarvis Moss - Jr going pro
DT: Steven Harris - Sr
DT: Joe Cohen - Sr
WLB: Earl Everett - Sr
MLB: Brandon Siler - Jr going pro
SLB: Brian Crum - Sr
CB: Reggie Lewis - Sr
CB: Ryan Smith - Jr going pro
FS: Reggie Nelson - Jr going pro
SS: Tony Joiner - Jr returning

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The NCAA revoked a couple of the clock rules instituted last season -- restarting the clock after change of possession and when the ball is kicked on a kickoff. This is an excellent decision, IMO.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Ah, since this thread is on page 1, this is a perfect opportunity for me to ask what all you college football fans who oppose the BCS and want a playoff are doing to change the situation?

Where is the outrage you display every November, December and January? It's easy to complain then, but the time to make a difference is now.

Just like teams win championships in the off-season by working hard and preparing, you can win your BCS battle by writing your congressman, university president, BCS sponsors, etc., and saying in a united voice:

We will not tolerate this BCS BS anymore! We will not buy another season ticket, we will not buy another pay-per-view telecast, we will not buy any more college merchandise until the system is changed.

Are any of you BCS haters on this crusade? For all the whining that goes on around here, I'd be very disappointed if you all are not being proactive 12 months a year, instead of just being reactive during bowl season.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
you know I realized something during march madness.

I didn't give a hoot about college basketball during the entire regular season, (I watched bits of the championship weekend games) but I avidly followed all of March Madness.

Now I've said there should be a playoff, but I wonder how much interest I would invest in the regular season if there was a playoff, probably significantly less interest. So I'm somewhat content to stay with the current system, flawed as it may be, though I'd be in favor of adaptation to merge the bcs and playoffconcept in some way.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Those were wise decisions. I saw a game last season where Wisconsin had scored a touchdown right before halftime. When Wisconsin kicked off after the touchdown they were deliberately go offsides so the clock would wind down to practically no time left. After that incident I think the NCAA modified the rules on kick-offs, but not sure what they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks