What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (2 Viewers)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
How could LSU be ranked above Florida when Flroida beat them and will have lost to the #1 team?We both lost to Auburn. Hopefully one day in my lifetime they will have a playoff of some sort.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
From the link I posted above: "The name also references the two half back routes most often utilized for the play, a buttonhook (straight turnaround catch) and a ladder (out and up sideline route). However, the name "hook and ladder" is also used to refer to other variations of the play."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I initially called it a hook-and-lateral because the 2nd guy looked like he was coming from an underneath pattern across the field from right to left. But a hook-and-ladder would require the 2nd guy to run to the left side and the up the field to get the toss from the 1st guy. Eh, I'm okay with either name for the play. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Joseph is awfully quiet since ND lost...

I know others might not like the announcers for the Sugar Bowl but I had a good time watching it. I liked Howie Long and Bradshaw in the booth even though they were obviously rusty.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Long and Bradshaw are always funny. Who was the other guy? I just got tired of the reptitive " nobody gives N.D. a chance " in the first half.

Who is announcing the Championship game?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thom Brenneman, Barry Alvarez, Charles Davis and Chris Myers. Brent Musburger, Bob Davie, Kirk Herbstreit and Lisa Salters will be calling it on ESPN Radio.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My personal prediction for the championship game is that whoever wins the game will be ranked #1 and the loser will be #2. I also predict that Boise State won't be any higher ranked than #5.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I can't wait to see and hear the blatant racism in the NFL over the coming months leading to the NFL draft. The experts will claim Quinn is a more polished passer who is more ready for the NFL than Russell or any other QB.

What they will mean is that Quinn is a typical-looking white QB who must be smarter than any black QB out there. And over the course of an entire career, Quinn will be the more effective player.

Kind of like the exact same things they said about Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart. What did they say? Something like, Young's poor throwing motion will doom him in the NFL.

I also remember when ESPN actually made "a story" out of the fact that VY scored poorly on some NFL aptitude test. As if somehow that would impact his play on the field?

If you want someone with a prototypical (white) look who scores well on tests, you can have him. I'll take someone (black, white, whatever) who delivers on the field, especially in the clutch. Where is the test that measures that?

And to think, people were actually campaigning for Quinn for Heisman. He would have been the most undeserving Heisman winner since...(drumroll please) QB Gino Torretta, who amazingly got the nod over Marshall Faulk and Garrison Hearst!! What a load...

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I think you forgot about Mr. Albert and Rose. Awful. The picture looked like crap compared to the other HD games this past week too for some reason.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The reality is, ND gets invited to bowls it just doesn't deserve to be in. Oh, they are a top-12 type team, but they aren't a top-5 team.

The reality is, this isn't the 1950s anymore, and with ND's academic recruitment standards and so many nearby schools, it will take them a few years to really be a contender. Yes, I anticipate they will continue to improve. But I don't think they will be in the same class that a U of F, LSU, USC and other programs can attain. They just don't have the kind of recruiting pool available to them.

ND can be a solid program. But I think they get these big bowl games because how well they travel and their TV ratings, not merit. I think Weiss will get some flack. But there is nothing wrong with getting spanked by the big boys - those are the games that frankly, they might compete in but they are just better programs.

On the other hand, Weiss is managing his program effectively and he's doing what hasn't been done at ND in a while.. he's winning all the games he's supposed to win. No weird losses to say, Syracuse.

If you win the games your supposed to win, every so often you'll get lucky and knock off a big boy. But it's going to take a bit for that to be a common event at ND.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter

I honestly think it is the Superdome playing surface. The worst-looking ESPN Monday Night game this season was Atlanta at New Orleans. I don't think it's a coincidence two of the poorer video quality HD games this season were both broadcast from the Superdome.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

The amount of ass kissing their team, coach and quarterback gets is rather amazing since they haven't done anything all year long. Hopefully the TV network and bowl hosts made a lot of cash for letting such a worthless team into the game. It should have been Louisville or Boise State.

It's good Notre Dame stays out of any major conference because then everyone could see how worthless they are. I doubt they'd break even in the SEC, Big Ten, Big East or any other conference.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adam,
Keep us abreast to what you hear out there about this tragic death. It appears he fell, but how did he fall?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If I had it my way the NCAA Devision 1 Football Championship would be decided the same way as the other NCAA Teams. WITH A CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF.

Here's my Idea on how it should be set up.

At the end of the Regular Season the Top Eight Teams would participate in the Playoffs.

No. 1 and No. 7 would play in the Orange Bowl

No. 2 and No. 8 would play in the Rose Bowl

No. 3 and No. 5 would play in the Capitol One Bowl

No. 4 and No. 6 would play in the Cotton Bowl.

The first four Bowl Games would take place on New Years Day (Jan 2nd if Jan 1 was a Sunday -@#*#!! NFL)

The Following Weekend The Winners of the Orange and Capitol One Bowls would meet in the Sugar Bowl (Friday Night)

The Winners of the Cotton Bowl and the Rose Bowl would meet in the Fiesta Bowl. (Saturday Night)

Just to be fair each year the Fiesta and sugar Bowls would switch nights :)

On the Saturday before the Super Bowl, the NCAA Championship would be decided in the Same Stadium that hosts the Super Bowl! :D

SethH

Senior HTF Member
My biggest problem with your setup is that it, in theory, gives the #2 seed the easiest route to the championship games

Hardest schedule for #2 = #8, then #4
Hardest schedule for #1 = #7, then #3

Why not set it up "normally" with:
1 v 8 - Orange
2 v 7 - Rose
3 v 6 - Capital One
4 v 5 - Cotton

Then:
Orange v Cotton
Rose v C.O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I do admit it could use some "Hammering Out". (I'm no expert in setting these things out. I figured that the Orange and Cap One Bowls would be "Eastern" and play their Semifinal in the Sugar Bowl, while Cotton and Rose would be "Western" and would play in the Fiesta. (Bear in mind where you'd play would be by how well you did, not where your School is located, so, in Theory USC could end up being seeded in the Cap One or Orange, while Michigan could end up in the Cotton or Rose. (THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE! You can insert your Favorate Team wherever you Please! :))

:D GO GATORS! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks