What's new

NCAA College Football 2007 (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
What the hell happened in the Louisville game? I turned it on late first quarter, and it was 28 to 21? Huh?

I watched the Colts/Saints game most of the night, and just looked at the ESPN page for the Louisville/MTSU stats. Wow.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah, the first half of that game was highly entertaining. I got busy and missed most of the second, but I don't think it was quite as intersting.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

I think every Louisville fan is thinking the same thing. I've got a friend who has had season tickets since Papa John's Stadium opened and he says he can't remember fans ever booing the team but they certainly were last night.

I think fans are ready to send this coach packing if it's going to be like this all season but I'm hoping this was a one time thing. I've never seen Louisville play that bad and it wasn't that they were playing bad but it seemed like they weren't even trying. If they really are this soft we won't stand a chance against WV, Rutgers or even Kentucky next week.

Even Cincinnati looked better last night.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
george, when I talked about 3 National Championship games in 5 years, I was referring to the BCS era, though I didn't make that clear.

Adam, you're right. There is a huge difference between losing a game to a not so good Cal team early in the season and losing a Conference Championship game that USC doesn't even play.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Even though Oklahoma is beating the total crappola out of Miami, I'm still not convinced they are ready to ascend to the top. Miami isn't who they used to be and the OU secondary still scares me. After beating Texas, I willing to jump on the championship bandwagon.

betooz

Agent
Real Name
Chris

Yes, not only did KSU humiliate my beloved Sooners in the Big 12 title game, it even prompted a rules change. Now no team that loses it's Conference Title game is eligible to play in the big one. Also USC did go to 4 title games in 5 years, they won 3, although one was a split National Championship with LSU.

I can't believe all the OU fans on here, I LOVE THIS BOARD!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

I also work with a very fervent Miami fan, I always refer to that team as Thug U, he was talking a whole lot of smack on Friday. Myself, being a die hard Sooner fan, I can't tell you how much I am actually looking forward to Monday.

Sooners 51
Thug U 13 :eek: :laugh:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

betooz

Agent
Real Name
Chris

The only thing I regret about the TCU/UT game is that TCU is most likely without their primary weapon of Brown. I'm not one to judge any team off one game but... I have a feeling OU is going to pound Texas a new one this year. I have lived in Dallas, TX for the last 27 years but am a complete Sooner homer so take that for what it's worth. We shall see how the next few weeks play out but I have a feeling I will be tempted to put the mortgage payment on OU in the Red River Shootout.

BOOMER SOONER!!! :)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Most would say yes. At least the ones who make up the bulk of the sports radio and message board crowd. I for one respect the man and to me he has earned the right to go on his own terms. Is it nearing that time? Probably, but there has been a lot of classless fans calling for his head.

Michigan has struggled recently in bowls and against OSU. That is a problem. Of course, they were the underdog in almost all of those games. This year is something else entirely, but I am not willing to forget his success both on and off the field. And I guarantee he hates losing more than any of the folks calling for his job. He just knows how to handle the disappointment like a man. He respects the game, the opponents and is not willing to give up or discredit his own team. He is class.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
As I said, the spread offense is too much for MIchigan. They got schooled again. Things don't look pretty for the Wolverines.

Also Boise St lost. Washington stomped em 24-10

A&M is currently in OT playing Fresno whose made a valiant comeback.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yes, Michigan has definitely struggled against the spread. It is hard to explain what happened today. It was less about an overall problem with the spread and more about bad and untimely mistakes.

Good for Willingham today.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I guess a Dixon for Heisman campaign starts today, certainly he put up some of the most stunning plays of the season so far. :)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter

The sad part is that he will be "pushed out" very quickly due to pressure from Michigan boosters. Carr deserves a better fate than this.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Have Notre Dame and Michigan ever played each other where both schools were winless?

At least this week, the Irish scored a touchdown.....

I've heard rumors that ABC wants to put the Appalachian State game on instead of U-M/ND. :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

David, I've been one of Lloyd's supporters up until this season. I agree that he's a decent person. However, this team has become an embarrassment. To lose consecutive home games in the manner they have is inexcusable. After last week's humiliating loss, the team should have been better prepared today. Instead, they looked lost and were blown out by an average team. Bo must be turning over in his grave right now.

Over the past five seasons, Carr's record is not very impressive. This is not a snap reaction, but has been building for several seasons. Lloyd needs to step down and let someone else take the reigns.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, Notre Dame at least has an excuse. They are starting a freshman QB after losing a first round QB. They lose their best WRs, defensive players, and others to the draft. They are a very young team right now.

So, they can look bad this season, look forward to 2008 (I predict ND can pick up like 3-4 wins) and it's forgivable. Nothing Weiss can really do with the fact he doesn't have the talent, and much of his great possible talent are freshmen.

Michigan, on the other hand, returned their big guns (Hart, Henne) and people thought that with so many returning, they'd be at least a contender.

They have been nothing short of terrible. And after the season, they lose almost 50% of their starters, given predictions of who's leaving. Now you have to wonder if kids in that program are starting to worry more about individual shows to preserve potential draft status vs. team wins.

This could get very ugly. If he's there at the end of the week, and IF ND were to beat Michigan (doubtful, they just don't have the talent) Carr would not survive an 0-3 start. He'd be canned midseason (mark it)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I'm not sure of that (except for when the two schools opened the season against each other and would be 0-0), but ESPN did flash a stat last night stating that this is the first time ever that both teams had started the season 0-2 in the same year.

Even if Michigan loses to ND on Satuday, I doubt that AD Bill Martin will fire Carr in mid-season. That is just not how things are done in Ann Arbor. However, if this season becomes a complete disaster (and it's looking that way), there will be tremendous pressure to make a change at the end of the season.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Have to disagree with you on that one Scott. The Pac-10 is probably historically the most maligned conference, and I expect this year to be no different. Time will tell, but I don't expect by the end of the year that Oregon will be an 'average' (which out of all I-A teams is being around #60 in the country) team.

I feel sorry for Lloyd Carr, cause he's basically got class. It's a real shame that the trouble he's in isn't on a classless slimeball like Mack Brown who would deserve it (and would be handling it in a much worse manner). TCU had given me hope after the first half, but were a major disappointment in the second half. :frowning: Maybe someday Mack Brown will get what's coming to him so that UT can once again be a team that deserves respect with a new, and almost certainly less sleazy coach.

It's only 2 weeks, but overall, the Pac-10 is doing quite well. Even if it keeps up, I don't expect it to get the respect it deserves, but so far, so good.

My current top 10:

1LSU
2SOUTH CAROLINA
3OKLAHOMA
4GEORGIA TECH
5USC
6TEXAS
7UCLA
8OREGON
9FLORIDA
10PENN STATE

One can hardly expect Central Florida to be able to do what TCU couldn't next week, but I'm still hoping it happens.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Mack Brown would have to severaly tank for several years to get fired. I think your only hope is for an NFL team to be calling. I don't see his team falling down that much in the talent level where he could get close to that point.

Not an offensive Touchdown though. Their only TD came from an INT returned for 6.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agree with Shane, Brown's not going to leave Texas. Ever. :)....even earlier this decade when they got blown out by OU five straight years, it was usually their only loss or maybe one more. And they beat A&M 5 straight too. The big UT brass loved him....he just got another extension and it would take ALOT of losing or several mediocre seasons to oust him.

Kudos to Fresno State for coming back from being down 19-0 at Kyle Field. Wow....what a stunning comeback and finish. A&M's defense will keep them a good, but not great team again this year. Bummer.

The heat was so bad the announcers claimed it to be near 140 degrees on the field? How can that be? Regardless, early reports are that more than 350 fans recieved First Aid treatment for heat related issues and many left early. There is NO shade whatsoever for the student side. Whew.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks