What's new

NCAA College Football 2007 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't laugh, but there are also organized adult kickball leagues, too. Participants mainly drink beer and kick the crap out of the ball, and don't care which direction they run after the kick...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Apart from the Buckeyes' start, that was the only good thing about the game yesterday.

Congrats to the Tigers.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Anyone wanna plan an unauthorized trip into the Ohio State athletic building? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the combination for the next year.......

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Yes, congrats to the Tigers! I was a bit surprised at how well Ohio State came out, but I knew that the defense would adjust and basically shut them down. While Pelini has had problems with mobile QBs, his defenses feast on drop-back types.

They certainly had a special season, but, let's see how they do next year. They avoided OU and UT, and next year they get both and TTech. And while they may still be favored over Nebraska, NU's gonna be a lot better with Pelini at the helm. Add to that, with the number of players leaving for the NFL, they may be looking at .500 again next year.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Some Impressions About This Season:

Florida State fans were not happy in Nashville at all. A stark contrast to UK fans who are just freakin' happy to be in a bowl game. It doesn't matter what bowl game it is, UK fans will show up in mass. Now the only problem we need to fix is getting them to sound loud at games.

I think June Jones is crazy for taking the SMU job. If Hawaii lost a game, they at least get to go back to Hawaii. When Georgia won, their players go home to Valodsta, Duluth, Atlanta, etc etc. Oahu and Maui it ain't.

Congrats to LSU for winning the national title.

I finally found two Michigan fans excited about Rodriguez football, and both are my class mates in medical school.

Is it just me or did Bob Stoops lose his magic?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
UM News: Paper is reporting that Mallet, Manningham and Arrington are gone. Looks like the need for some serious recruiting just got a bit more intense.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Mallet and Manningham are no surprise. Arrington was the one I was uncertain of. It appears that he will try to cash in on his excellent bowl game performance against Florida. However, I doubt he'll be much higher than a late 2nd round choice. Manningham is probably late 1st or early 2nd round. Rumors are that Mallet will transfer to wherever former UM QB coach Scott Leofler ends up (he's interviewing at UCLA).

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Can't say I'm really surprised either, just seeing if official kind of changes things. If RR does not get this whiz QB out of PA, he is going to have some work to do, espicially with the loss of two WR that might have had the ability to influence recruits. Same is true with WR coming in, not knowing who the QB is could be a bad thing.

And Mallet wasn't all that hot to begin with and if he transfers he will lose another year of field time.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Carroll's not going back to the NFL. he has no control as a head coach because of all the layers of bureaucracy above him. the NFL is not the superior job, it just has more gravitas with the pundits.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
As a Michigan fan I have to say that Pryor made the right choice. Since we're looking at a season or two of adjustment to the new offense his talents would have been if not wasted at least underutilized. Enjoy your two seasons with the kid, Buckeyes.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Besides, Ohio State pays better. :D

Actually, I would have been shocked if Pryor had selected Michigan. He was supposedly set to go to OSU on signing day, but his dad has pushing him to consider Penn State. So, I figured today's announcement would be one of those two schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks