What's new

NCAA Basketball 2005-2006 Season (1 Viewer)

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Because the only MV team that played yesterday won its game? I guess I'll be more convinced if the other three also win today.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
No surprise that Gerry McNamara heard the "o-ver-rat-ed!" chants from Texas A&M fans yesterday. He was incredible in their Big East tourney run, but ZERO field goals in their loss to A&M...ouch.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I went 13-3 for the first day. I missed, GW, Montana, and Texas A&M wins. Interestingly, two 12s beat 5s.

The remaining MVC teams are all lower seeds than their opponents. I think if they win one game today, that would be quite an accomplishment for this conference.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
McNamara is getting an unfair shake then by A&M fans. It's undeserving of that player. On the whole the team was overrated going in but McNamara is a great player. He just had an off night.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
McNamara is a great player, just not a good game. A&M won it's first NCAA game in 26 years. Long overdue. :b LSU looks tough though...just glad that after last season and this one, basketball appears to be back at A&M. No longer just Baseball and Spring Football to look forward too in the Spring. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
14-2 first day (missed 'Cuse/aTm and UW-M/OU but had the incorrect winners of both games losing in the next round anyway). Not too bad.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Compared to other conferences thus far, they've done fine. And there win was a route. People said they didn't belong. I Someone out there saying the same about the big east?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I agree with that. I was pretty dubious of that 5 seed they got. But still, NO field goals? That really puts the "off" into "off night"!

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Day 1 Records by Conference

1 SEC 3-0
2 ACC 2-0
B10 2-0
PAC10 2-0
3 Big Sky 1-0
Horizon 1-0
MV 1-0
West Cst 1-0
4 A-10 1-1
B12 1-1
WAC 1-1
5 Atl Sun 0-1
Big South 0-1
Big West 0-1
Colonial 0-1
Sun Belt 0-1
SWAC 0-1
6 Mt West 0-2
7 Big East 0-3

Although this will have more meaning after all first round games are played for a more complete picture...

Edit: It's a shame none of my spacing was retained. My little table isn't nearly as easy to read as it was supposed to have been.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Dave, the WAC was 0-2. :frowning:

I felt really badly for San Diego State -- they just screwed up in the last minute. Hard to believe Heath(?) didn't realize the ball had been touched and he could safely pick it up in the back court. That one crucial play cost them.

I went 11-5 yesterday.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the correction. I put the numbers together in quite a hurry, was just interested in how the conferences really did rank against one another so far, and couldn't find anyplace online with a tally (although I would think surely such a thing exists?).

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Big Wow, indeed for Northwestern beating Iowa! This is why college basketball in March is the best thing. Imagine what kind of excitement a NCAA Football playoff would be?! :b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Iowa's loss isn't a bracket-buster for me, I had them going out to West Virginia in the next round anyway.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm officially adding Iowa to the "never under any circumstances pick them to do anything in the tournament" list.

As if my bracket wasn't ugly enough already. I think I also picked Wisconsin & Arkansas in both my brackets. I never do very well anyway but I'm setting a new low this season. I don't think I've ever been this completely without hope this early with 2 pretty different brackets.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Oh, that Iowa loss hurts, I agree with Brook, my bracket is probably toast now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks