What's new

NBC To Bring Back Heroes in Heroes Reborn (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The original timeline had the original Noah using Hiro to send the twins back, which resulted in the same chain of events that led to "Tommy" having Hiro's powers. In the new timeline, the Noah from the future accomplished the same thing the original Noah did in the original timeline, with the crucial difference being that future Noah also shot Erica Kravid. This set off a chain of events that reconnected Quentin with his sister much earlier than in the original timeline, and swung him around to her cause. My main complaint is that they didn't bother to show us what incredible argument Phoebe made to bring her brother over to Team Erica.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
The original timeline had the original Noah using Hiro to send the twins back, which resulted in the same chain of events that led to "Tommy" having Hiro's powers. In the new timeline, the Noah from the future accomplished the same thing the original Noah did in the original timeline, with the crucial difference being that future Noah also shot Erica Kravid.
Sorry, I don't see how the "original" timeline could be established and still allow the creation of the new timeline.

In the original timeline after being freed from the game Hiro goes into the future and past observing events and when he revisits 1 year back he is convinced by Noah to send the twins back. But he can't rejoin the timeline to go back a second time with Noah because he has lost his powers. If they didn't add the wrinkle of Hiro losing his powers to Tommy/Nathan it could all work out.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The main 'butterfly' from the two part episode where Noah travels back to the summit, is when he shot Erica in the leg. He even references it later saying how he 'screwed everything up'.

Erica getting shot causes Quentin to come to her aid, resulting in him meeting Phoebe a year earlier than he did in the 'original' timeline. In the new timeline he reconciles with Phoebe and this causes him to be on Erica's side creating 'Evil Quentin', instead of getting killed by Phoebe a year later like in the 'Original' timeline.

Edit: sorry, made this reply reading an earlier page and didn't see that this had already been posted.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm so confused by this show. Is Claire really gone? (I'm two episodes behind)

The constant back and forth with the Odessa situation, Hiro, two HRGs. What did and didn't really happen. We've got one baby named Nathan, Angela is still there, is Peter Petrelli going to reappear?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
I'm so confused by this show. Is Claire really gone? (I'm two episodes behind)

The constant back and forth with the Odessa situation, Hiro, two HRGs. What did and didn't really happen. We've got one baby named Nathan, Angela is still there, is Peter Petrelli going to reappear?
Claire is really gone (off in Nashville. :) I also don't think we've been told who is the father of her children.

No idea whether they will have Peter Petrelli to reappear. The actor was a regular in The Whispers earlier this year. It doesn't look like he is too busy to make a return appearance, but we have to wait and see,

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I think I made a mistake watching this show concurrently with Agents of SHIELD. The quality set by SHIELD is just so high, that it highlights what a slog this show is.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So I'm back to going with Tommy/Nathan's power making no sense - he's stolen Claire's power coming out of her womb but for some reason not his sister's, he stole Hiro's powers after Hiro time traveled with him (but not immediately on contact), he's been in the same space as Angela and Pruitt Taylor Vince and Zachary Levi and his sister without taking their powers, he's touched Molly Walker without taking her power, and this week he touched Phoebe without taking her power.

Whatever Tommy's actual ability is, something has gone very wrong with the writing and portrayal of that power cause I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel with him. Am I supposed to feel tension when he's around someone with powers because he might accidentally steal them and lose the one he has? Am I supposed to be worried for powered characters near him? Am I not supposed to be concerned at all?

And now they're taking almost two months off before showing the last three episodes? What kind of sense does that make?

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Josh Steinberg said:
So I'm back to going with Tommy/Nathan's power making no sense - he's stolen Claire's power coming out of her womb but for some reason not his sister's, he stole Hiro's powers after Hiro time traveled with him (but not immediately on contact), he's been in the same space as Angela and Pruitt Taylor Vince and Zachary Levi and his sister without taking their powers, he's touched Molly Walker without taking her power, and this week he touched Phoebe without taking her power.

Whatever Tommy's actual ability is, something has gone very wrong with the writing and portrayal of that power cause I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel with him. Am I supposed to feel tension when he's around someone with powers because he might accidentally steal them and lose the one he has? Am I supposed to be worried for powered characters near him? Am I not supposed to be concerned at all?
Didn't most of those meetings happen after he met Hiro and was told how his powers work? I'm sure he can control them now and doesn't steal powers unless he wants to.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
MishaLauenstein said:
Didn't most of those meetings happen after he met Hiro and was told how his powers work? I'm sure he can control them now and doesn't steal powers unless he wants to.

He was with Angela and his sister both as an infant and a teenager. He was with Molly Walker before the memory wipe. He was with Pruitt Taylor Vince before and after his memory wipe. He was with Zachary Levi and Phoebe after the memory wipe when he doesn't know how his powers work.

I'm gonna chalk this up to poor writing, because I got the impression that he doesn't know how his powers work. I don't get the sense that Hiro ever told him anything other than that he had time travel powers. But even if he had, the memory wipe seems to have removed all of that, and we haven't been shown any scene that suggests that it's been explained to him. But more than that, it's never been clear to me as a viewer how his power works.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think it's fair to say that I don't normally give a show a pass for laziness. And I can be particularly critical of some shows that others are unperturbed by (Supergirl and Helix come to mind)

But Heroes Reborn works for me. Maybe it's the echoes of a favorite one-season wonder. Maybe because I'm a sucker for time-travel. Maybe it's the optimistic tone compared to the sturm and drang of most scifi I watching.

But I really enjoy Heroes. It's imperfect. But that doesn't bother me.

Probably Matt Parkman got to me. :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
DaveF said:
I think it's fair to say that I don't normally give a show a pass for laziness. And I can be particularly critical of some shows that others are unperturbed by (Supergirl and Helix come to mind)

But Heroes Reborn works for me. Maybe it's the echoes of a favorite one-season wonder. Maybe because I'm a sucker for time-travel. Maybe it's the optimistic tone compared to the sturm and drang of most scifi I watching.

But I really enjoy Heroes. It's imperfect. But that doesn't bother me.

Probably Matt Parkman got to me. :)

I'm with you, Dave. I think Supergirl is pedestrian trash, and while I recognize Heroes' flaws, I like the characters and plot (I'm a sucker for time travel, too) enough to enjoy the show.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
TravisR said:
The show returns on Thursday night.
I'm happy to have it back, but I can't remember for the life of me where we left off. I really don't understand the thinking behind doing a 13 episode limited run but taking a two month break towards the very end of it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was kinda underwhelmed by the return.. I mean, it wasn't any better or worse than anything that's come before this year, but I wish there hadn't been a two month wait for the return. As silly as it might sound, I was getting into it in the fall, and coming back to it cold, I was a lot more "meh" this week. I don't think it's anything the showrunners did within the show, though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised they didn't explain who grabbed Noah in the previous episode. I assumed it was Tommy, but I guess he hasn't done it "yet".

I am glad that Micah got the word out, but it seems that Luke's wife is still buying the lies. Presumably next episode we'll see whether she can be convinced of the error of her ways.

I agree that with just three episodes here we really lost the momentum of the run. I wish they had just finished it off airing it sometime in the fall.

Edit: Just wandered over to the AVS forum thread on this and there was someone there saying that last week he was still working on special effects for the finale. So, obviously they at least were not ready to show the finale in the fall, so keeping three makes more sense than 1.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
With so little creativity brought to the table as far as the story, effects that were inferior to those of the first season from 2006, and a ridiculous two month break during a limited run, what did they expect would happen?

You have to give the audience a reason to watch, and then have it on so that people can. I hoped to be reminded of everything I first loved about the show, but mostly found myself reminded of the ways it had disappointed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.