What's new

NBA PLayoffs 2003 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well, the only reason I watched the Spurs play the Lakers and Dallas was because I wanted to see the Lakers and Dallas. If the Spurs played some other teams then I probably wouldn't have watched.

But overall, Tim Duncan is the best thing about them, and he is very boring to watch. No enthusiasm. Doesn't seem like he has any personality either.

But it does provide some good laughs when their free throws boink off the front of the rim.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Everyone is blaming the Spurs for a boring series, saying the Spurs are a boring team. Excuse me, but NOBODY was saying that when the Spurs played the Suns, Lakers or Mavericks. All three of those series were entertaining, sometimes breathtaking. At the same time, over in the east, the Nets series against the Celtics, Pistons and whoever else they played were totally unwatchable. Sound familiar, like the Finals? Yeah, I think so. The common denominator in this boring basketball equation is the Nets, not the Spurs.
But, of course, the point is to win, not to pander to we fan's notions of exciting basketball. This isn't the Globetrotters vs. the Senators (or whatever the flunkie team's name is).

The Celtics aren't at the same level of play as the Spurs, but I'd rather gotten used to watching Pierce and Walker score at will. If the C's had a point guard worth a damn (say, some kid named Kidd), I think they'd be in the top rank. But still... they generally didn't play as ugly as they did against the Nets. Long periods of no scoring, turnovers, mental errors... the whole lame litany.

And I have to give at least some credit to the Nets for that. After all, they did the same to the Sixers. And now they're doing it, slightly less successfully but good enough to hang in there, against the Spurs.

The point, after all, is to win... even if that means winning ugly. If the Nets can turn the Spurs into bumbling fools (like they did the Celtics and Sixers), it's hard to criticize them for it. Which is why, I think, the Spurs are getting the brunt of it.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

The Generals

The NBA is all about matchups. This combination of teams make for a boring series. However, I would never tell any of these teams to change their game. Do whatever got you there. Like the previous post stated, the object is to win not pander to spoiled spectators like myself.

Maybe Kenyon should start collecting flagrants again to stir the pot and wake up the fans.:)

I just wish the next season would start already because I miss the high octane action from my Sacto Kings!

Lowell_B

Second Unit
KERR!

What a Playoff so far for Steve Kerr, every game that he's had a few minutes in he's played great. He's really been the sparkplug that the Spurs need, I still think he should be getting a little more playing time, not much mind you, but a little at least.

The Spurs actually put together a decent game on Friday, too bad they had a crappy first half again.

I'm sticking with my original prediction and think San Antonio will close the Nets out tonight.

Lowell

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
WooooHoooooO!

Just got home from Academy, the line swung all the way around to the back of the store for shirts :)

What a 4th quarter comeback and what a game for Dave!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks